Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
  • Breakfast included
US$155
US$148
US$438
Crowne Plaza Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
US$83
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Basingstoke(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$59
HolidayInn.com
US$96
US$84
Premier Inn Basingstoke Town Centre Hotel(Basingstoke)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$119
US$116
Hotels.com
1,260 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiesshort breakfood was lovelybuffet stylespa breakhooksaunabasingstoke
Reviewed 28 February 2011

The Hotel seems ok on first glance, and I have stayed here a couple of times before and it just seems to get a bit worse each time. Overall, the place is not too bad - but it is just not up to the standard you would expect from a 4star rating. When I got to my room tonight, the bathroom smelled of faeces and reception said there was not another room for me to change to - really ? Did not seem that busy to me... Staff have always been good though, but they are like the orchestra playing on the Titanic....Breakfast is fine, and the service mostly good. Also found a few hairs still in my bed from the previous occupant, although the sheets smelt clean so it must be a faulty washer/dryer. Also the mattress was terrible, it was just so hard and springy that you couldn't get comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LeePiggott
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Really relaxing weekend away. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Pool as lovely and warm. Leisure facilities fantastic.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Read some reviews before we went, and was very concerned.
Room was fantastic, resturant was very quiet at dinner, so the staff were very attentive. Same at Breakfast.
The only thing that let the hotel down was the fact that the Pool/spa is in desperate need of work. We spoke to reception on departure, and they said that they hope this is dealt with during 2011.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2010

My husband and I got married at the Basingstoke Country Hotel at the beginning of December and it was wonderful. The staff were exceptional - always helpful and polite and they couldn't do enough for us. We had upwards of 75 guests staying in the hotel for 2 nights and all of them without exception said how impressed they were with the hotel and the staff. To top it all off the food was great and the rooms are clean. I also had my hen do at the hotel 3 weeks before my wedding and the leisure club were great. They accommodated 13 of us through the day and it was incredible value.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I'm not sure where to start. Visited the hotel for a Christmas Dinner and Dance on Friday 3rd December. Arrived. Two deep queues at the bar. One person serving. 10 minutes waiting to get a drink. Very little choice; wine by the glass; any beer I liked as long as it was lager; tasteless and £4/pint.
45 minute wait for starters; prawn cocktail. Well five prawns; a couple of leaves of limp lettuce and pile of “cocktail” sauce. Another 40 minutes for the mains. Only half the table served; another 10 minute wait for the rest of us. The turkey dinner reminded me of school dinners of 30 years ago. Slices of tasteless meat; surrounded by overcooked vegetables; undercooked potatoes and swimming in “gravy”; well anyway a brown liquid. Dessert was OK when it arrived. Requests for coffee met with a bemused look from staff and a brusque “We don’t do coffee”; as did a request for some butter for the rolls. No wine served at the tables; and only available by the glass at the bar. A jug of water for the table? Of course not. Water only available at the bar by the glass.
Complaints to the staff had little effect.
So I must agree with the previous review. Overpriced and pretentious about sums it up. I’d give it a miss if I where you.

• Stayed: December 2010