“Yum”

Price range: US$16 - US$70
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at the game keepers many times and every time I am not disappointed, slightly above average prices but worth every penny the quality if the food is tip top and locally sourced. Friendly staff comfortable surroundings you can't go wrong choosing to eat here.

2  Thank stephelloyd
There are newer reviews for The Gamekeepers

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Had a really good Sunday lunch here

lovely homely feel to the pub and peaceful surroundings

went for the burger - deluxe with blue cheese and bacon - very very good and enormous

definitely homemade with good quality steak mince - cant fault it !!!

doom bar and hogsback t.e.a on tap - perfect

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A few of us went to this pub on a Sunday in April and we were delighted with the welcome, the service and the food was wonderful.
We were welcomed and sat at our table in a very friendly manner and given a drinks menu.
The "owner?" then came to our table and explained the menu in full detail which was very useful and you could tell they took pride in their produce.
For starters I had the Italian meatballs which were really yummy and my partner had a duck terrine was equally yummy.
For mains we had the filet of beef with blue cheese and pink peppercorn sauce. The steaks were cooked to perfection and couldn't be faulted. My partner had his with dauphinois and I had mine with their rustic chips. This was one dish that each element on the plate was cooked to perfection and seasoned beautifully and Ieft nothing on my plate which is rare.
For deserts it was the sticky toffee pudding and the salted caramel ice cream, again, absolutely wonderful.
I really enjoyed the dining experience and the food was fantastic.
Can't wait until I can return to this pub.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Celebrating a birthday and had been recommended by friends. Well what a feast, busy but great atmosphere, welcomed by the patron who explains the menu and all produce locally sourced. Amazing dishes, fantastic friendly service and possibly one of the best meals I have had. Having been to kerridge's I would say this is definitely on a par but without the wait. So pleased it on our doorstep can't wait to go again! Thank you for a fabulous evening.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We came upon The Gamekeepers by chance but are really pleased to have found it. The atmosphere was welcoming and the staff were very accommodating and friendly. The food was superb and our only regret was not having a long enough stay to sample more of the menu!