American Inn Motel
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Quality Inn(Natchitoches)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Very nice, down to earth people who are very eager to please! They keep the rooms very clean. My family stayed there for a few days while we were there for a family occasion and we couldn't believe how friendly the owners were. If we needed anything at all they did their best to help us out (which is saying something, considering we took up 5 rooms).

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank trevandmel
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The American inn motel in Many La. is a great place to stay. I have stayed there on numerous occasions for my work it is conveniently located close to lots of places to eat. My stays there are always greeted by a nice and very helpful staff. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The rooms are very clean and the staff does a great job of cleaning them daily. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The rooms have new flat screen televisions. The bathrooms and showers are very well kept and function properly. The American inn motel also offers a free continental breakfast. The American inn motel has an ice machine centrally located on the premises. The rooms are good sized and furnished with coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators, and a convenient work space with nice office chairs. The American Inn motel also offers free wifi internet. And once again I want to recognize the management Raj Patel for his outstanding service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank matt T
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 days on business a week ago. Raj Patel, the hotel manager, is very nice. This is a little independent motel and I told Raj that I'd read some very good reviews on Trip Advisor. He was aware of this and seemed happy that he had good reviews.The room was a good sized room with a small refrigerator & microwave & flat screen t.v. with lots of channels (but no NBC). The bed was comfortable, internet was working very well, room was very clean. I was happy with everything for the first 3 days. On the 4th day, there was a cold front coming through and the temperature got really cold that night. The internet wasn't working. I called the front office. This is the conversation that took place:

Me: Hi, is Raj there?
Rocky: No, he went to Houston to visit his family. This is Rocky, the Asst. Mgr. Call him on his cell phone.
Me: I don't have his cell phone number, when will he be back?
Rocky: I don't know. What do you want?
Me: I'm in Rm 119 and the internet isn't working.
Rocky: Well what do you want for me to do about it? There ain't nothin' I can do about it, you're just gonna have to deal with it. It's out, it's out so too bad.
Me: Are you kidding me? You're the Asst. Mgr and you're talking to me like this?
Rocky: I'm tellin' you there ain't nothin' I can do about it and if you don't like it you can go somewhere else!
Me: Oh my God......you are unbelievable. Give me Raj's cell phone number so I can call him.
Rocky: I ain't givin' you nothin', you ain't gonna call Raj. Get out if you don't like it!

I hung up. I'd NEVER been spoken to like this by ANY motel or hotel staff. Then I heard a knock at the door. I looked out the window and Rocky was at the door. He looked like he'd just come from a bar or something. He was scruffy & unkempt. He kept knocking at the door and I got scared. I'm a woman traveling alone on business. I opened the window and asked him what he wanted. He told me that the cold weather was keeping the internet from working and, again, if I didn't like it I could leave. I told him just to leave me alone. I began throwing everything I had into my suitcase and drove across the street to the Starlite Motel. I simply did not feel safe anymore at the American Inn. The next morning I walked across to the American Inn. Nobody in the office but a phone number to call. I called the number and Rocky came walking out of Rm 101 looking hungover and unkempt. He gave me my receipt and I left.

I hate that this happened because I really liked Raj. But he did not tell me he would be leaving the Rocky Horror to man the office. And I hate to say this but I won't be staying there again unless Raj is there the whole time. This Rocky person looks like someone Raj "hired" off the side of the road and paid him in a room to sleep in and maybe a few dollars, just enough to keep him in beer and cigarettes. It's really a shame.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the motel are quieter, not so close to the road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Dollc
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Return visit for the day very convinient located hotel, i always enjoy, comfortable bed, always room was nice and clean service also staff very friendly and look forward to my stay here!!!
cross the road dairy queen and country boy restarant for lunch and dinner!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

i pay my own expenses, so price is very important to me, so nice clean room.first went down the road to an un mentioned motel, his rate were higher ,but he also made claim about American inn being outdated , and not any where to the level of this motel upon arriving i was quoted better rates and was showed the room without me asking TO MY SURPRISE freshly painted, newly carpeted rooms, the room was appointed with a new HD TV 40' and had more channels then I'm used to getting.
i stay weekly basic two month usually per week one time service but here every single day i got service it was un
unbelievable service.i was happy to stay there almost 8 weeks in fact i send info to my work headquarters recommending them to all consultants who might be working in this area.
thanks for service.