“Wonderful Golf Location”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Many
Wylie, Texas
“Wonderful Golf Location”
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I went here for the first time to play golf and just "get away". First off the views on the course were Amazing! We enjoyed playing the course very much. The Pro shop was well run and the staff were Extremely Friendly! Especially the Assistant Pro Chris Thatcher who was unbelievable. There is a small lunch room off the Pro shop where you can get hamburgers, sandwiches etc and they were Very good although we felt unusually high priced. The Hotel was quite nice, modern looking and Clean. The indoor/outdoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna were Divine! The Hotel staff was also very friendly and welcoming. The only thing we were actually disappointed in was the Main Restaurant although again, the staff were very nice and experienced. Our problem was with the food. Some parts of our supper were very good, such as the honey butter, rolls and the salad bar but other parts such as the rice and fried green tomatoes were clumpy, bland and tasted pre-packaged. I don't mind paying 75-100 dollars for a meal but I expect above average quality. Overall I would highly recommend staying here and golfing as well. We will go again but we won't be dining in the main restaurant. If not for that I would have given Cypress Bend Resort 5 Stars....

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
I see that your party submitted two reviews from your visit, covering many of the same topics.

Thank you for your kind comments on our Golf Course & our Staff, they try very hard to meet the needs of all of our guests. I will share your kind words with our TEAM.

I am sorry we fell short of your expectations regarding your dining experiences. We try very hard to make sure everyone has a wonderful experience, but obviously in your case we fell short and for that we apologize.

On your next visit I want you to be my guest in the Dining Room, so that you may experience the food we are so proud to serve to our guests. Please let me know when you visit us again, and I will coordinate your dining arrangements.

Sincerely

Bradley Carl Anderholm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had a business retreat at Cypress Bend Golf Resort, this was my 2nd time here and the staff remember me. Accommodations are great, meeting room was comfortable, and the food was excellent all three days. One of my favorites was the smoked brisket "melts in your mouth" Chef did a great job grilling ribeye's for our big group, grilled fresh vegetables and that cheesecake dessert with Community Coffee was worth a second trip to the buffet line... Beautiful place, nice golf course, and some great fishing if you elected that outing. Fishing guide put us on top of the fish just a few minutes from the launch. Another highlight on the fishing trip was a "blue heron" named George that would fetch them perch too small for the frying pan... It was almost like the bird knew you had a treat for him all you had to do is call him over, never seen anything like it! "I would definitely recommend another trip to Cypress Bend"

Glenn from Mobile, AL

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I enjoyed my time. It was beautiful and I had a great time. I would recommend Cypress Bend to anyone. The rooms were very clean and the food was great. The staff were always willing to serve in any capacity. There was not a need or want that was not met.

• Stayed May 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The staff was very pleasant. They helped out with everything you asked or needed. Golf course needs work. This use to be a fantastic course with greens that were excellent. The cart paths also need work. All of the other accomidations were in great shape and maintained very well. Accomidations were great. Food was also very good although I did not eat in the restaurant due to meetings. The meals at the meeting was fantastic.

Houston
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Had a great time on a business trip to this beautiful and peaceful property. Service was fantastic and all members of the hotel staff were very helpful. Will definatley go again on a leisure trip. Beautiful scenery.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Cypress Bend Resort is a very well managed property. All the ammenities assocaited with top line resorts were present at Cypress Bend. Room comfort, service and cleanliness were all top of the line.
During our dinner the General Manager offered a sincere thank you and introudced the staff of the hotel. Have not seen a finer thank you.

Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Excellent place to play golf and spend a relaxing time by the lake fishing or what water activities you like right by the resort.The resort is first class and the people were really nice and wentout of there way to help out.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Many
Starlite Motel
Harborlight Marina and Resort
Sabine Lake Inn
Sabine Lake Inn
#2 of 3 in Hemphill

Been to Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection

Property: Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection
Address: 2000 Cypress Bend Pkwy, Many, LA 71449-7932 (Formerly Cypress Bend Resort, Best Western Premier Collection)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Many
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Many
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cypress Bend Golf Hotel Many