“BAD, CHEATING management will NEVER bring the customer back”

Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Many
Dallas, Texas
“BAD, CHEATING management will NEVER bring the customer back”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

BAD, CHEATING management will NEVER bring the customer back

Long story short, the staff told us we could play golf free with our voucher, so we played. You can guess, our credit card was charged. We called the pro shop guy and he admitted he told us free. So we called the resort, the manager’s attitude was terrible. Firstly she never returned our call even she promised she would, she just ignored the messages we left. When we called the third time, she even blocked our phone. How unprofessionally!

Never had the experience before! I believe such management will ruin the resort, no doubt!

3 Thank April H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Absolutely loved the spa services! Best massage ever! Great place to go for couples or girlfriends for a getaway. We went with my husbands business for a pleasure trip for all the employees. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Husband loved golf course and I loved the spa.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Magnolia, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The resort grounds were beautifully landscaped. The hotel staff was extremely helpful. They helped with every need and emergencies that came up during our wedding weekend. The grooms cake was never delivered to the resort. So the hotel chef made a grooms cake that was outstanding, and personally delivered it to the wedding in fifteen minutes right before the reception. Totally amazing!!! They even loaned us flowers out of the hotel lobby, when some of the flowers didn't arrive. The reception pavilion was set up and ready with lights all around the top. I highly recommend Cypress Bend Resort, especially for an outdoor wedding. They couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
BradleyAnderholm, Owner at Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Delores G:

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Our staff truly enjoyed taking care of the wedding, and Chef Greg is always ready to come to our guest’s aid when required. Chef Greg wants to go ‘head to head’ with ‘The Cake Boss’, but we will save that for another day.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Sincerely

Carthage, Texas
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I went to Cypress Bend Golf Resort for 3 days. We golfed and had massages. The golf course is very challenging and for a novice like myself, enjoy the scenery first and have patience with your golf game. The massages were good but could use some improved ambiance however they were professional and enjoyable. The food at the restaurant was also good and since we visited in September, the "crowd" was at a minimum which we greatly enjoyed. The least desirable characteristic was that I asked for a king bed. The king bed accommodations need to be updated. I checked into it, and, from my understanding, the king bed accommodations are the next on the list to be updated. If the king bed accommodations were updated, I would have given our trip to Cypress Bend a 5. I need a good nights rest to really give a 5 and so that is the only thing that detracted. Again, the golf was challenging, the food was good, and the Spa was also good. We will be back.

Room Tip: Make sure the bedding has been updated.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lynn W:

We are glad to hear you don’t take your golf too seriously, as our course can really challenge you.

I apologize for your king bed; we will be making those changes in the very near future.

Thank you for recognizing our Golf, Food, & Spa operations, our employees try very hard to give each guest a quality experience, and it is so nice when our guests recognize them.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

It looks really nice from the picture. But first of all, its location is far. The smallest town is 15 miles away? Which left us no choice but to dine in the resort. And the food was not so thrilled. Second, I think the resort looks pretty from outside but does need some kinds of renovation in the guest room to make it more up to the standard to be called a golf resort.

We tried the swimming pool, the Sauna's door can't even close completely. Also tried the golf, it has nice 18-hole turf but the driving cart looks old and dirty. It didn't worth the money.

5 Thank V M
We are truly sorry we fell short of your expectations. It is never our intent for our guests to go away unhappy.

I hope you will give us another try, and if you do return to Cypress Bend Resort, please contact me directly, so that I may take care of your arrangements.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Can you believe they will block your phone number if you try to call them to resolve a dispute charge? I talked to them (including front desk, pro shop and management office) for a couple of times in a very polite and professional way and the manager even promised me to call me back on the following day. Well guess what, my phone number was blocked by them. So HORRIBLE, I just want to resolve a disputable charge on my credit card. Well, if you do not care about your reputation, here I am.

On labor’s day weekend, we booked a night stay trough travelzoo.com. The pictures on their website looks so good and make you think it is must be an outstanding resort with nice people. In fact, it is not even close. The main building of the hotel is very old and outdated, carpet is not clean. Overall, the room service is not even comparable with some motels. Food was just OK, but it is so overpriced. The worst part of my trip is they charged me without my authorization when I was told face to face by the pro shop guy that I do not need to pay anything to play golf because it is already included. I do not want to blame him he is very honest and remembered what he said on that day when I called him. I could have a good trip but was ruined by their terrible management and false advertisement. To travelzoo customers, be very careful about your credit card charge and do not go there if you can cancel your travelzoo purchase.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank JLi2012
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The grounds here are beautiful and the landscaping is impressive with a lovely view. It made for a great first impression. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was large and very nice. However they use a something strange on the tile floor in the bathroom which made the floor very slippery and felt really gross on bare feet.

We did have issues with the restaurant. We ate dinner and breakfast there. The dinner was not 4 star by any means but it was fine. I was very grossed out to discover bugs in the salt shaker! The next morning we went down to the breakfast buffet and made sure to sit at a different table and found bugs in that salt shaker too! The buffet was a very disappointing. I chose the biscuits and gravy and was surprised to find no sausage at all in the gravy. Not even a hint of sausage flavor, just flour and water. Since the biscuits and gravy was terrible I decide to get some fruit which looked pretty inviting. I picked out a nice selection and then went for the grapes . . .ugh! The grapes were moldy. Needless to say we did not eat in the restaurant again. We also found the staff in restaurant all hanging out and chatting loudly among themselves within earshot of the guests even calling out to each other across the restaurant. This wasn't a big deal at breakfast but we were hoping for a quiet relaxing dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Chef Sherry:

I apologize for your issues you experienced with our restaurant. It is never our intent, but to provide the best in quality and service, and in your case we failed miserably.

We thank you for identifying your issues, and we have addressed all of them with the appropriate staff members.

When you do return to our Resort, please contact me directly so that I may take care of your reservation.

Bradley Anderholm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Many
Starlite Motel
Harborlight Marina and Resort
Sabine Lake Inn
Sabine Lake Inn
#2 of 3 in Hemphill

Been to Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!