“Thank you Cypress Bend”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Many
A TripAdvisor Member
“Thank you Cypress Bend”
Reviewed 27 January 2005

Thank you Cypress Bend for bringing relaxation and comfort to a stressful time. I was visiting my husband at Fort Polk in the days before he leaves for Iraq, when we took a trip to Cypress Bend in Many, LA. We started our morning there with a delightfully delicious breakfast at their restaurant. We then relaxed for a bit by the fire in the lobby. Both of these moments were accented beautifully with the gorgeous view of the Toledo Bend Lake. Our relaxation continued as we enjoyed outstanding massages at the spa. We decided to continue our peaceful morning with a hike on the resort's trail along the lake - what breathtaking views! Finally, we ended our time with picking up a keepsake from the pro golf shop (a fun Christmas tree ornament.) The resort was fantastic and the staff was professional, helpful, and ever so friendly. When we decorate our future Christams trees with our Cypress Bend keepsake ornament, we will always remember the serenity and joy we experienced at this time. Thank you!!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2004

My husband and I and another couple stayed at Cypress Bend Resort the first weekend in May 2004. We ate in the restaurant, spent a considerable amount in the gift shop, and spent over seven hours total at the spa so I felt we received the full “Cypress Bend Resort Experience”. What a nightmare. The service received was inexplicably terrible.

The Hotel Itself:
Our room was attractive but stunk so horribly of old ash tray. I do not imagine even a three pack a day smoker would not have noticed the stench. We were supposed to move rooms the following day due to the smoking situation and were assured all of our things would be moved while we were out. That did not happen. Upon our return that evening I went to the front desk and pointed out that our things were not in our new room. After 15 minutes our luggage had not arrived. I would assume that because they had already inconvenienced us they would have sent someone immediately but that did not happen. We were dirty and tired and unable to take a shower without our things so we once again went to the front desk and asked if we could just stay in our old room. My husband expressed our many frustrations to the person at the front desk and was assured that the general manager would call him to discuss the problems. Our stay was a month ago and so far no phone call. Obviously the management does not care about improving any of the numerous flaws.

The Restaurant:
Every experience at the restaurant was terrible, especially for about $100 per couple for dinner. My three companions ordered steaks and they were all COLD. The four of us were the only people in the restaurant so it wasn’t like they were too busy to bring the food out when it was ready. Then we ordered dessert. It was frozen rock hard and completely inedible. We complained to our server and she took them back to the kitchen. She returned shortly with the response “it says on the box to serve it right out of the freezer”. We spoke to the manager and she did reduce our bill. This was the only attempt made to correct any of the problems that we experienced all weekend.

The next morning I called and placed a breakfast order to-go BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HAVE ROOM SERVICE. I did this out of desperation. Any other food options are miles away and I was limited on time. The person took my order and told me it would be about 15 minutes. When I arrived at the restaurant I was told they did not have any to-go containers and that I could eat off the buffet. None of the things I ordered were out on the buffet. I had to wait another 10 minutes. I was charged the buffet price which was higher than what I had ordered originally and at this point I had to rush to make my spa appointment. Oh what a relaxing weekend!

The Spa:
I was not thrilled with any of my spa services. The La Stone Therapy was okay. The “facial” was a few minutes of skin care products being applied and removed from my face. A mask was applied and I was left for 20 minutes. I was so unbelievably bored! My pedicure was cut short so it wouldn’t be fair to comment on that but I will say the same person was doing both services so if the facial was any indication…and I found it unsettling that this person that had been rubbing someone else’s feet immediately before I arrived was then smearing stuff on my face. The person performing the facial and pedicure was extremely nice so I hate say anything negative but I just felt this treatment was not worth $50 and she cut part of my foot during the pedicure.

The Gift Shop:
The only thing I enjoyed. Small but with a cute selection of jewelry, picture frames, etc. The lady that runs it was very personable.

• Stayed May 2004
29 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RGwin, General Manager at Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 12 September 2006
Thank you for your comments - a new managment team was put in place in March of 2005 and changes have been made and will continue to be made. Hopefully you will give us another chance to provide you with outstanding service and amenities. Please contact be personally if you wish to return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Many
Starlite Motel
Harborlight Marina and Resort
Sabine Lake Inn
Sabine Lake Inn
#2 of 3 in Hemphill

Been to Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection

Property: Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection
Address: 2000 Cypress Bend Pkwy, Many, LA 71449-7932 (Formerly Cypress Bend Resort, Best Western Premier Collection)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Many
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Many
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cypress Bend Resort, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Cypress Bend Golf Hotel Many