“Happy Customer”

Comfort Inn Marrero
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marrero
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had a great stay at the Hotel. Easy access to all activities. The staff was pleasant and informative. My room was clean and nice. There was a great selection for breakfast - waffles were tastie. I would stay again and recomend the Comfort Inn to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Joshua H, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Deb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very excited to hear that you had a wonderful time at our establishment and hope that you return soon. The staff and myself want all guests to have as great a time as you have. Have a great day.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My three days in New Orleans were a delight when I stayed at the Comfort Inn Marrero. Clean linens, friendly staff, well lit and easy access. Loved the morning breakfast. Will definitely be back. We were only minutes from all the activity. I noticed the conference rooms - looked inviting.

Room Tip: I am partial to upstairs, out of the way!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bookworm H
Joshua H, Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Bookworm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. Myself and the entire team are delighted to hear that everything went well for you. We are striving to be at the top of the hotels here on the Westbank. Have a great evening and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed here for work. It's conveniently located on the Westbank Expressway in a "meh" part of town, but the grounds are nice, the staff was pleasant, and it looks recently renovated. My room was large, clean, very nice. Bed was comfy, shower was hot and clean. Breakfast in the morning was a good selection--waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, pastries...also the first hotel I've gone to that offered frosted mini-wheats which was a nice change from the typical cereal options!
My only complaint is that my wifi connection was really slow. I think it's because I was at the very end of the hallway.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Joshua H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Heywood,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. Myself and the entire staff are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here. Glad we had the frosted mini wheats for you as well. We like to see that all of our guests have everything they need to enjoy their stay. We are currently working on the Wifi issue. Adding some more bandwidth to our system and also password protecting it for the future. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a great evening.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I woke up with bites all over my body after staying a night at this hotel. I went to urgent care and had to pay $100 copay just for them to have a look at my bites. They concluded it was bed bug. I gave the room another night. Woke up at 3am feeling something crawling on my legs and feet and found bed bugs all over the bed. Brought one of the bugs in a cup to show the service desk, she kept it to show the manager and I was moved to another room. I was staying at the hotel for work so I lost wages and wasted time dealing with this mess. Manager wasn't helpful either saying I'd have to work everything through with their insurance.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank tiwonggg

Tiwonggg,

Thank you for writing the review about our hotel. We do apologize for the issues you had during your stay. I assure you that we do not have any bed bugs in this hotel since I have assumed the property. We have regular scheduled checks in the rooms to prevent this from happening as well as monthly treatments. I hope that you may return someday and let us give you the stay you deserve. Have a great evening.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel. The experience was annoying- the fan/ac did not work properly, randomly cutting on and off. The radio alarm in the adjacent unoccupied room went off full-blast at 4:30 am. The front desk staff seemed dull, apathetic and burnt-out. All and all a sleepless night.

One bright spot: the landscaping was beautiful and well-tended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Levnc,

We appreciate you taking the time to put a review on here about the hotel. We are currently working on the preventative maintenance within the rooms to keep the A/C units functioning properly. The staff here now is very exciting and full of life so I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to prove how great of a hotel we have here. We spend a lot of time and money on the ladscaping as well to keep it bright full of life. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed in the Comfort Inn Marrero for Super Bowl weekend. After reading some of these reviews, I was convinced we made a horrible choice in deciding to stay here. HOWEVER, once we got to the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and spacious. All of the staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. I just don't understand some of these negative reviews. We had no problems with noise. Besides, when one goes to a hotel, some noise should be expected, especially when you now have random people with coming and going at random times occupying a room next to you, above you, and below you, along with maids walking up & down the hallways opening and closing doors at various hours. It's a hotel people, of course you'll hear some kind of noises you're not used to hearing at home!! I recommend a $2 pair of ear plugs for those of you who expect complete silence in ANY hotel. I am very sensitive to the smell of cigarettes and the hallways, yet elevators and room didn't smell at all like some have claimed. But guess what? Sure, maybe someone hoped for a smoking room and got stuck with a non-smoking room next to yours and snuck a quick smoke. It happens. But in now way would I label this hotel as one that "smells" in any way, shape or form. My bedding was clean, the towels were typical hotel towels, and the room overall was well-kept and comfortable. The free breakfast each morning consisted of some pastries, cereal, coffee, juice, and a few other things, but what do you expect for FREE people? A 4-course bacon and egg feast? I am not sure if people who gave such negative reviews don't travel much, but all I can say is my experience with the Comfort Inn on a CRAZY Super Bowl weekend couldn't have been more pleasant.

It was about a 15 minute drive from the hotel to the French Quarter. Because traffic was so crazy Super Bowl weekend, and because we knew we'd all be drinking, we took a cab in and out of the city each day. We contacted a local Marrero cab company in advance, put their phone number in our cell phones, and had a contact person to call each time we needed a ride. The folks at the front desk were always willing to give us advice on local restaurants and things to do, and we never, ever felt unsafe, even in the middle of the parking lot at 2am.

Parking is very hard to come by in the French Quarter, so I do recommend that those hoping to drive their car or rental car into downtown New Orleans research parking prices before you go. Don't complain about lack of parking spaces in the city or prices of parking in the city/French Quarter, because again, that is something you will struggle with in ANY city.

There were 3 of us in our group, and we averaged about a $30 total fare each way into the French Quarter. But considering parking prices and lack of availability of parking spaces, $10 a person each way was a great deal in our eyes. Plus our driver gave us her personal number, so we were able to get to know her and set up specific meeting spots and times for when we wanted to be picked up in the French Quarter to go back to our hotel.

In the Comfort Inn Marrero area, there were places to eat like McDonald's, Wendy's, etc, as well as other local little places if you'd rather eat on that side of the river as opposed to the New Orleans side.

If you plan to hang out in your room past noon on any given day, I would call the front desk and arrange the maid service to come into your room later that day. We were given a notice that the maids would skip cleaning a room if it was still occupied at 12-noon unless you contacted the front desk. So instead of criticizing the hotel for their lack of maid service, maybe you should read their specific policies in regards to towel change and bedding service. This hotel only has about 73 rooms. So obviously they do not need a full-staff of maid service 24-hours a day. Pay attention to hotel policies and services, ask questions rather than assume, and you will have a lovely experience just as we did.

Do not let the negative reviews steer you away from this hotel. Sure, it's not walking distance to the French Quarter, but if you are able to get a better rate by staying outside of the city, if you are willing to take the 15-minute (or less) cab ride into the French Quarter or pay a fee for a parking spot/garage spot, and are looking for a basic Comfort Inn hotel that is clean and friendly, this is the place for you.

P.S. I have traveled to almost EVERY major city in America, have been to various countries around the globe, and this hotel comes NO WHERE close to a "dump" of a hotel. It was clean, friendly, lovely and served its purpose.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jabberjenn

Jabberjenn,

Thank you Jabberjenn for taking the time to write a very kind review about the hotel. Myself and the staff are glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and proved that this is a wonderful property. We spend a lot of time making sure that everything is up and running properly. The staff does a great job here greeting and taking the time to say hello to all of our guests. We want to insure that everyone who stays here has as great an experience as you have. Have a great evening and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four days. One day we left the room around noon and came back around 8pm to find that we had not received room service- yuck. While we were staying there, there were 12 tour buses parked in the parking lot. The parking lot is VERY small to begin with so with the buses using the spaces, we had to park at the Dollar Store across the street which made us feel a little uneasy. The Internet is a joke, it's a good thing it's free WiFi because I didn't work half the time and when it did, it was VERY, VERY slow. Overall, the hotel was just okay. I'll probably look for another hotel next time I visit NOLA.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrero
Comfort Suites Harvey
#2 of 24 in Metairie
Wyndham Garden Hotel
Wyndham Garden Hotel
#139 of 166 in New Orleans

Been to Comfort Inn Marrero? Share your experiences!