“Bad Experience”

Comfort Inn Marrero
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marrero
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Not a good location. We felt uneasy the whole time we were there. Could not sleep because of the noise. No hot water. Our air conditioner broke and there were no more available rooms. We did try to move to one, but when they plugged it in, it threw sparks!!!

I was given a discount. Staff was nice. However, I think there are a lot of improvements that need to be made to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Marrero

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed in this property in April 2012, and I rated it OK. We stayed here last weekend and it has improved somewhat. The rooms are a little cleaner. The staff are a little more friendly. The breakfast is quite a bit better. They have a new manager and he's making a difference. It's still not what I would call '5 dots', but it's better than before.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Joshua H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to continue making improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
We are working very closely as a team to make sure are rooms are clean, our breakfast has more variety and our front desk staff provides exceptional customer service. It is feedback like yours that helps us improve and we really appreciate all your support. We hope to see you again soon when your travels brings you to the Marrero area.

The Staff at Comfort Marrero

Reviewed 14 September 2013

+ both microwave and fridge
+ free continental breakfast
+ easy interface on AC/heater
+ free PC in lobby

. wifi in room, OK response, Download speed is about 1.04 Mbps (not the claimed "high-speed"
. cable but no TCM
. room appointments standard

- No listing of cable stations in room. Front desk did not have either. Went to look for one but did not find
- Toilet hard to coax to flush
- furniture a little tattered
- Walls are thin. Could here TV and even snoring through the walls.
- lamp on the work table lost the lamp bolt that keep the shade on. The shade stays on but swings back and forth doing funny things to the light

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Joshua H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.

The staff at Comfort Inn-Marrero

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The Comfort Inn is the most poorly managed hotel/motel I have ever visited. The parking lot was empty when I arrived and stayed empty. I should have taken the hint. The bathroom sink leaked and the toilet ran constantly. I could tell efforts had been made to repair both because the old/spare parts were left sitting next to the sink and toilet. The wifi was extremely slow. The only maid service I received in my 4 night stay was new wash clothes and towels.They didn't make the bed up. Every night I had to request coffee, coffee cups and water cups. They refused to bring new supplies to the room and I had to go to the front desk and get them myself. I cannot recommend this motel to anyone. I travel to New Orleans periodically and the facility is convenient to my corporate office, but I will never stay at he Comfort Inn again. In fact I doubt I stay at a Comfort Inn anywhere. Writing bad reviews is not me. This is the first bad review I have written for anything, but this is the worst customer service I have ever received in my 58 years. Totally mismanaged. Be warned and check in at your own risk.

Room Tip: Go elsewqhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark C

Thank you for taking the time to submit our online survey. I'm deeply sorry about your bad at our Comfort Inn Marrero. We always get great feedback on how friendly and great our staff service is and I'm really sorry you didn't get to experience it. I have shared your comments with our staff and they also join me in apologizing for not providing you with the service you come to expect. We will be using your comments as a training tool for our staff to make sure our future guests do not encounter the same situation you did. Once again I'm sorry and we look forward for you to give us another opportunity in providing you with great customer service the next time you are in the Marrero Area.

The staff at Comfort Inn-Marrero

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I had a great stay at the Hotel. Easy access to all activities. The staff was pleasant and informative. My room was clean and nice. There was a great selection for breakfast - waffles were tastie. I would stay again and recomend the Comfort Inn to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Joshua H, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Deb,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very excited to hear that you had a wonderful time at our establishment and hope that you return soon. The staff and myself want all guests to have as great a time as you have. Have a great day.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My three days in New Orleans were a delight when I stayed at the Comfort Inn Marrero. Clean linens, friendly staff, well lit and easy access. Loved the morning breakfast. Will definitely be back. We were only minutes from all the activity. I noticed the conference rooms - looked inviting.

Room Tip: I am partial to upstairs, out of the way!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bookworm H
Joshua H, Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Bookworm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. Myself and the entire team are delighted to hear that everything went well for you. We are striving to be at the top of the hotels here on the Westbank. Have a great evening and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

I stayed here for work. It's conveniently located on the Westbank Expressway in a "meh" part of town, but the grounds are nice, the staff was pleasant, and it looks recently renovated. My room was large, clean, very nice. Bed was comfy, shower was hot and clean. Breakfast in the morning was a good selection--waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, pastries...also the first hotel I've gone to that offered frosted mini-wheats which was a nice change from the typical cereal options!
My only complaint is that my wifi connection was really slow. I think it's because I was at the very end of the hallway.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Joshua H, General Manager at Comfort Inn Marrero, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Heywood,

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. Myself and the entire staff are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here. Glad we had the frosted mini wheats for you as well. We like to see that all of our guests have everything they need to enjoy their stay. We are currently working on the Wifi issue. Adding some more bandwidth to our system and also password protecting it for the future. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you again. Have a great evening.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrero
Baymont Inn & Suites Marrero
Comfort Suites New Orleans
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#113 of 165 in New Orleans
Holiday Inn New Orleans West Bank Tower

Been to Comfort Inn Marrero? Share your experiences!