All reviews view of the lake self parking the concierge lounge french quarter lake pontchartrain new orleans office building front desk manager beautiful hotel breakfast buffet room key hotel restaurant fitness center business trip sugar bowl room was clean and comfortable mardi gras
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times, and after today, I would recommend self parking. We were checking out early, so I tried to call ahead for our car to be brought around. No answer after 15 a 20 rings. Went downstairs and asked front desk to have car brought around. I then gave them my claim ticket number 3 times before our car finally arrived some 20 minutes later.

When I was checking-in, I was slated for an upgraded room, but didn't get it because it wasn't ready at 4:30 pm. That tells me they are under staffed in housekeeping as well.

Had dinner in the hotel. Food was OK, but the bar tender admitted she wasn't really a bar tender and was not really personable until she brought the bill. Then she decided she would visit with us.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

My wife & I were in town for a funeral. The people of New Orleans truly have unique way to send people off. The hotel rooms were large and well appointed but they could've used a microwave & mini-fridge. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room could have Easily accommodated four people as there was a pullout sofa bed. We would definitely stay here in the future

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I actually really enjoyed this hotel. The only issue was that they had a problem with one of the elevators and everyone had to evacuate for like a half hour - 45 minutes at 2 in the morning, but I still left happy so that should be saying something nice about the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view! The view in the morning is so pretty
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I continue to be impressed with how this Marriott performs. Everyone there is friendly - rooms are very clean/updated, etc. I actually had a small hiccup this trip with a "late" cab ride to the airport. This was not the fault of the hotel at all, and I just retrieved a voicemail message from the hotel manager -- apologizing for the issue. That shows amazing class!

I highly recommend this hotel to business and pleasure travel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for a review coheartbeaturse. I love that it is located by the lake and in walking distance to the walking/biking trails. Makes for a lovely after dinner walk. The room was great. Not sure why anyone would complain about the room. It is a typical Marriott room. Very clean & very nice. The bed is AWESOME. I enjoyed having the down pillows and the season appropriate duvet. Very comfortable.

The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. The only thing marring my stay was the horrible service at the hotel restaurant. Not enough staff working to accommodate the lunch crowd--that shouldn't have come as a surprise as the conference is scheduled. We waited an entire HOUR for food that never came. Everyone ended up just leaving. I have never seen a restaurant failure quite like it.

But overall I enjoyed my stay and would come back in a heartbeat. I just wouldn't eat at the hotel and plan accordingly.

• Stayed: May 2013