All reviewsview of the lakeself parkingthe concierge loungefrench quarterlake pontchartrainnew orleansoffice buildingfront desk managerbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetroom keyhotel restaurantfitness centerbusiness tripsugar bowlroom was clean and comfortablemardi gras
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The front desk staff were not rude, but were not inviting, either. For a tourist spot such as New Orleans, I expected more. As a Marriott Rewards member, we occasionally get complimentary upgrades or even a kind acknowledgement thanking us for being a rewards member. There are a few items that contributed to my rating:
* I stayed in Room 1015. The bathrooms seemed clean, but as soon as I ran the shower, it had a terrible mildew/mold/unclean scent. When I looked at the bottom of the shower, although it LOOKED clean, it did not have the squeaky clean feel to it. It was as if housekeeping just wiped the "dirt ring" from around the shower and hung up fresh towels. In addition, a few areas of the room and bathroom are beginning to rust and need replacement.
*I went to the so called pool and it should instead be advertised as a "spa pool". I's nothing fancy and the jacuzzi is in desperate need of some cleaning. The tiles have turned brown and even the water was cloudy. Before you can go to he "pool", you must go downstairs to the ground level and ask for a pool pass each time you go to the pool on the 9th floor. SUCH A HASSLE!!!
*Lastly, we ordered some kids chix fingers, gumbo, chix wings and fries our first night from the hotel restaurant. the wings were undercooked and bleeding and looked as if the cooks had just dumped hot sauce on top of the wings. The server who gathered our meal and got it together was VERY VERY nice and i did tip her. I did not realize my wings were undercooked until I got back upstairs to my room and at this point, I was just over it. Very disappointed.
If you are okay with Fairfield, then this will be fine for you, but if you are used to Marriott service, then you may be disappointed.
*Buffet is overpriced for the 9 options you are given and stale cream cheese muffins.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is a very nice hotel that is very well renovated. The rooms are very modern and well furnished. The service is good, and the staff is very friendly. As a Gold Rewards member, I am usually provided with an upgrade to a suite as well as free breakfast in the restaurant (which is not one of the better buffets that I have had).

The hotel is combined with an office building, so if you are there on a weekday, there is a lot of the office building activity. The hotel also has two gyms - one that belongs to the hotel; and the other is an athletic club in the building, which is much nicer.

While the hotel is nice, the location is very hectic. It is in a very busy location (Causeway), right before you cross over the lake. The building could be difficult to find the first time there. If you miss the turn you could end up crossing over the lake. The garage is also very confusing, as it is combined with the office building's garage. And there is a parking fee on weekdays, although I am provided with a pass by the hotel (not sure if this is standard, or just for Gold and Platinum Rewards members).

Bottom line is that you if you can get there at the busy and confusing location, the hotel is very nice and usually reasonably priced. I try to stay here every time I come to New Orleans.

Room Tip: View of the lake!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Internet service did not work, called down and they said weather was to blame even though it was clear and calm. Vending machines did not work and money was not returned. There is nowhere to purchase any items after 5pm and is not is a convenient location. Overall the room is nice but does not give the extra amenities that I'm used to with a marriott hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times, and after today, I would recommend self parking. We were checking out early, so I tried to call ahead for our car to be brought around. No answer after 15 a 20 rings. Went downstairs and asked front desk to have car brought around. I then gave them my claim ticket number 3 times before our car finally arrived some 20 minutes later.

When I was checking-in, I was slated for an upgraded room, but didn't get it because it wasn't ready at 4:30 pm. That tells me they are under staffed in housekeeping as well.

Had dinner in the hotel. Food was OK, but the bar tender admitted she wasn't really a bar tender and was not really personable until she brought the bill. Then she decided she would visit with us.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

My wife & I were in town for a funeral. The people of New Orleans truly have unique way to send people off. The hotel rooms were large and well appointed but they could've used a microwave & mini-fridge. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room could have Easily accommodated four people as there was a pullout sofa bed. We would definitely stay here in the future

• Stayed: June 2013