All reviewsview of the lakeself parkingthe concierge loungefrench quarternew orleansoffice buildingfront desk managerbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetroom keyhotel restaurantfitness centerbusiness tripsugar bowlroom was clean and comfortablemardi grasshort drive
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel seems well apportioned and upscale when in the lobby. The staff was very pleasant and courteous. Upon checking in, I found my room to be spacious and comfortable with a reasonable view of the lake. HOWEVER, at around 7 PM, I started hearing what sounded like weights from a gym being dropped on a hard surface. I thought it would end soon, but it continued until 10 PM. I called the front desk and found that there was a work-out room on my floor. Upon investigation, there was no one in there. The next morning was to be a late sleep for me, but the THUMPING of weights began at 0700. At checkout, I was informed that a spa and fitness club existed below my room. The supervisor asked what she could do to help me. My response was, what are my options? She handed me her card and said, "Next time you come to New Orleans, call me. I'll take care of you". In 55 years, I've made it to New Orleans once. I stayed in room 1104. Treat it like it has cooties.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We were in NOLA to visit our son, so seeing all of what the city has to offer was secondary for us. Having arrived @ about 830 after a 10 hour leg of our journey, we found the staff from the valet to the front desk courteous, efficient and helpful. This made for a more pleasant experience. Chris, the front desk manager, assisted us with a restaurant selection for the evening that suited us to a tee. He also got us a cab and provided options for our return when it became apparent that more driving was not in our plans. When the valet parked our car, he saw my husband's phone and called up to see if we would be needing it, then he made a special trip to deliver it to our room. Definitely beyond our expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Virginia20171
Reviewed 1 August 2013

As a frequent traveler and as a Marriott Gold Elite holder, I have a reasonable expectation for a Marriott. This hotel failed at that. The room was reasonable in size and comfort and we did have a lake view (paid extra for it). The full beds were too small and a disappointment as I am used to queens or king sized. They were also stiff.

I stayed here for a business trip and was sorely disappointed with this hotel.

I agree with the inconvenience of securing a pool pass (other reviewer) by having to go downstairs and then back up to the pool (9th floor) and then you have to fill out a form from the front desk to turn in at the pool. My granddaughter and wife said the pool was limited and the three lounge chairs were extremely spartan and unclean.

We stayed for four days which was three too many. At no time was my wife or I greeted by front desk personnel. The first night I was there, I hung a breakfast request card on my door ordering breakfast to be delivered at 6:00-6:15. At 6:25, 5 minutes before I had to depart, I received a call from the front desk telling me they had problems and would not be able to get my breakfast.

The second morning. I called to have my car brought to the front by the valet. There was no answer. I then went to the front desk and there was no one there. I proceeded to the valet stand and no one there either. I went back in and waited 10 more minutes and still no one at the front desk. A guy, looking like he was checking out, was also impatiently waiting. We both signed and shrugged our shoulders. I yelled "Good morning." Still no luck. He went behind the front desk and opened the door and yelled in. Finally a staff person, looking irritated, came out but no acknowledgement and no apology forthcoming. I gave her the tag for my car (now 15 minutes after arriving at the front) and she proceeded to find a valet.

There is no shuttle and nothing nearby. You are next to the Causeway entrance and that is the extinct of the scenery.

My wife also noted the poor customer service attitudes. We debated on leaving several times to return to Le Pavillion in New Orleans which is the total opposite of this hotel. There the staff constantly acknowledge you and welcome you back when you return in the evening and in some cases returning after a month. I made the mistake in staying in Metairie instead of driving the extra distance to New Orleans downtown. That won't happen again.

We did discover a great Mediterranean restaurant a few blocks away called Zozos Cafe. What a wonderful cozy place with outstanding Med food.

Room Tip: To find a good room--call another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Prestoni
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed at this property recently while in town for my class reunion. Staff cheerfully greeted me when I checked in and I was upgraded, due to my status as Platinum Premier in Marriott Rewards, to a nice suite on the top floor of the hotel. I let the front desk clerk know that my brother and niece would be arriving the next night and asked if they could be given a room near mine. She said she would put a notation in and they would do their best.

The concierge lounge was still open the evening I arrived and had a great spread, so I didn't need to go out and find something to eat for dinner. On weekdays I was able to have breakfast in the lounge and on weekends I was told I had the option of having a complimentary breakfast in the restaurant or getting an additional 750 reward points for each morning I skipped the complimentary breakfast. I opted for the points as I had to go out for beignets! The points were added to my account in a timely manner.

My suite was quite spacious, except for the bathroom. The vanity was separate and had ample counter space, but the toilet and tub were in a room where there was barely enough room to open the door! I had a bar area with table and chairs, mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There was a large closet with a full length mirror which was nice. The bedroom portion of the suite had the usual amenities and lots of extra space.

When my brother arrived he was given a room close to mine, so I appreciate the effort made by the staff to accommodate my request. I also appreciate that the hotel gives me stickers for my parking ticket so I don't have to pay the parking fee, which is only imposed during the week. The hotel is located on the upper floors of an office building and therefore parking during the week can be "thrilling" if you are entering/leaving the parking garage during the morning or afternoon rush! The parking garage can be a bit empty on weekends, but I've never felt unsafe. The property is a short drive from New Orleans and there are plenty of good local restaurants that are even closer.

I'll be back to town in a few weeks and will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake have a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were part of a family reunion and received reduced rates. Hotel staff was pleasant, polite and helpful. Our room was nicely decorated with pictures of historic streets in New Orleans. Luncheon buffet at the hotel's Bistreaux was tasty and reasonably priced. To our disappointment, our room was furnished with neither a refrigerator or microwave. We had failed to request them in advance. Sharon, our housekeeper was excellent--eager to meet our needs and fill our requests. The hotel provided access to washers and dryers with Tide detergent available at the front desk. A business center, supplied with two computers and printers, was also available. All in all, it was a very good experience. We would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family