All reviews view of the lake self parking the concierge lounge french quarter lake pontchartrain new orleans office building front desk manager beautiful hotel breakfast buffet room key hotel restaurant fitness center business trip sugar bowl room was clean and comfortable mardi gras
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip and was at first less than pleased, however, I found that the staff and the service I received more than made up for the initial disappointment.
I was seated at the restaurant for breakfast, ordered a coffee and a water, and, upon returning from the bathroom, had not yet received service. I helped myself to some oatmeal from the buffet and waited patiently for about 5 minutes and still no one came to my table. I got up and crossed the hallway to the Starbucks cafe when I was approached by the restaurant manager who apologized and comped my Muscle Milk and a coffee from the cafe.
Back in my room, while ironing my white linen pants, I realized that the iron itself was spewing dirt onto them. As I was checking out I brought this to the attention of the Housekeeping manager who offered to have them cleaned and then shipped them on to my next Marriott destination (overnight!). When I arrived at the Courtyard at Oyster Point in San Francisco, my pants were there waiting for me, perfectly pressed and clean as a whistle.
So, although this Marriott wasn't outright amazing, I feel like the service I received from their staff was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JessZoladz
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here due to its proximity to a client's location. Overall, very nice hotel. Good food and very clean. About $30 or so to get a taxi into the French Quarter, so better to stay closer if you have the option.
Overall, nice business hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel had beautiful rooms. I stayed here my last two nights in the New Orleans area..I love it when the front desk staff feels so comfortable with you, you can cut up with them and tell jokes and have fun. Made me feel like I was at home. The breakfast was great. The view of Lake Pontchartrain from the room was beautiful. Thumbs up for this hotel !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The hotel seems well apportioned and upscale when in the lobby. The staff was very pleasant and courteous. Upon checking in, I found my room to be spacious and comfortable with a reasonable view of the lake. HOWEVER, at around 7 PM, I started hearing what sounded like weights from a gym being dropped on a hard surface. I thought it would end soon, but it continued until 10 PM. I called the front desk and found that there was a work-out room on my floor. Upon investigation, there was no one in there. The next morning was to be a late sleep for me, but the THUMPING of weights began at 0700. At checkout, I was informed that a spa and fitness club existed below my room. The supervisor asked what she could do to help me. My response was, what are my options? She handed me her card and said, "Next time you come to New Orleans, call me. I'll take care of you". In 55 years, I've made it to New Orleans once. I stayed in room 1104. Treat it like it has cooties.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We were in NOLA to visit our son, so seeing all of what the city has to offer was secondary for us. Having arrived @ about 830 after a 10 hour leg of our journey, we found the staff from the valet to the front desk courteous, efficient and helpful. This made for a more pleasant experience. Chris, the front desk manager, assisted us with a restaurant selection for the evening that suited us to a tee. He also got us a cab and provided options for our return when it became apparent that more driving was not in our plans. When the valet parked our car, he saw my husband's phone and called up to see if we would be needing it, then he made a special trip to deliver it to our room. Definitely beyond our expectations.

• Stayed: August 2013