“Expected way better”

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 5 November 2013

First off let me say I believe I spent too much money for the room that I received the view was not very good my room was right by the pool. Kids screaming at 7 o'clock in the morning wow what a good alarm clock my bathroom needs repairs and also my bed was not comfortable at all the only plus was the breakfast buffet

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The location is not great it is for away from any activities. The parking lot is very small and over crowed it took forever to fine a spot. The hotel itself is location sort of in a residential neighborhood. there is a very small pool but not much else.
The rooms are clean but old.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

No complaints here. Great location. Great food. Great staff. Comfy beds. Had a suite for 6 days. No issues. Pool is warm. And is always empty. Parking is easy. I will be back. Heavy pours from debra at bistreaux in the hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Although we got one king instead of two queen beds which was what we booked and confirmed, the service was still good. The front desk called to check if we liked the room and the free breakfast was good, too.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This stay was a 4 out of 5 stars. The room was a suite and was about $110 per night. I go to the area for festivalsand football games, so I always rent a car and prefer to stay in Metairie, which is about a 10 min ride to downtown New Orleans. Shopping and every restaurant imaginable is in the Metairie area.

The room was clean and spacious and the service was top notch. Good Job, Marriott at Lakeview.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip and was at first less than pleased, however, I found that the staff and the service I received more than made up for the initial disappointment.
I was seated at the restaurant for breakfast, ordered a coffee and a water, and, upon returning from the bathroom, had not yet received service. I helped myself to some oatmeal from the buffet and waited patiently for about 5 minutes and still no one came to my table. I got up and crossed the hallway to the Starbucks cafe when I was approached by the restaurant manager who apologized and comped my Muscle Milk and a coffee from the cafe.
Back in my room, while ironing my white linen pants, I realized that the iron itself was spewing dirt onto them. As I was checking out I brought this to the attention of the Housekeeping manager who offered to have them cleaned and then shipped them on to my next Marriott destination (overnight!). When I arrived at the Courtyard at Oyster Point in San Francisco, my pants were there waiting for me, perfectly pressed and clean as a whistle.
So, although this Marriott wasn't outright amazing, I feel like the service I received from their staff was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JessZoladz
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here due to its proximity to a client's location. Overall, very nice hotel. Good food and very clean. About $30 or so to get a taxi into the French Quarter, so better to stay closer if you have the option.
Overall, nice business hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013