“High price for a mediocre room”

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The rooms here are decent, not the best and not the worst. The view however was amazing. My room in particular was not cleaned to my expectations. There was visible dust on the bedside table, as well as short black hair in my tub (which is definitely not mine since I am a red head). The floors had apparently not been vacuumed as there was a few paper shreds in one corner of the room behind an easily movable table.
The beds... Ugh... Let's just say I felt like I was lying on my wood floor at home. I took the comforter off the spare bed as well as the sheet and added it to my bed so that I wasn't sleeping on bricks. Other than the room flaws, every staff member that I encountered seemed very nice and willing to help. Sadly though I do not feel that the room rate was worth the pay. I could have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and things would have been cheaper and just as nice.

• Stayed: April 2014
Patrick B, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hearing from our guests that their experience was not positive is truly regrettable. Providing superior service is of utmost importance and it is disappointing to learn that your experiences were anything less than that. We encourage our guests to let us know if there are any problems with their stay so that we may address the situation immediately. It is our goal to create a pleasurable and enjoyable visit for our guests. Your feedback is sincerely appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to win back your trust.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I will start off with the positives. The hotel itself is beautiful. The service is average. The room was nice. The bed was suppose to be a king, looked like a queen. There was snot on the arm rest of the chair in the room. That was disgusting. The room was $200 a night for a small room. The guest at this hotel hardly speak. Everyone walks around like they have issues. That's why I say don't stay for pleasure. Try the Sleep Inn off of the service road around clearview. You can get a huge suite with a king bed, sofa bed, and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom for under $100. The rooms here are not worth the prices they are asking. I called room service for breakfast and ordered waffles and bacon that said $11 on the menu and the starter for $13, and added the fruit cup for $5. The lady called me back with a total of $68. Enough said.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank FirstLadyHilliard
Patrick B, Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Although disappointed, we are grateful for your review and feedback. We encourage our guests to share any concerns they might have during their visit so we can tend to any issues as they arise and we regret that we were not given the opportunity to do so during your stay. We will share your comments with our management team and use this opportunity to strengthen our commitment to providing the best in service
to each and every guest. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Here I am again reviewing a Marriott. It's hard to not like a Marriott. This one was extra special in that our room had a view of the sunrise over the water along with a spectacular view of the big bridge. Location of this particular room was very quiet and very comfortable. Not far from the hotel are plenty of nice restaurants on the water. Or boat watching. I especially liked my stay here.

Room Tip: This was a corner suite with a spectacular view and was nice and roomy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great hotel, beautiful location great view of the lake from our window. The inside pool area was good, was a little disappointed the the whirlpool was not operationing ( not sure if it was because of it being Sunday or what. Basketball court and track on the roof overlooking the lake it is a gorgeous sight on a bright sunny day. Hotel parking there is free self parking on the weekend (Sat and Sun) just make sure you have you ticket validated when you check out of they will bill your room or charge you. 10 mins from French Quarter by car. Great mall within walking distance. Friendly staff great restaurant down stairs in the lobby. Danny is the manager, he has a very charming sense of humor and he is very memorable. Starbucks is served in a cute little coffee shop across from the little bistro i mention downstairs, but if you are looking to use your Starbucks card or collect stars don't bother they are not a affiliation of Starbucks they just serve their brand of coffee. Oh and the beds......Go for the king you wont regret it... never sleep like a baby so far away from home in my life and the downs covers were great, Make sure to check your coffee makers in you your room, sometime they can forget to be empty, but we all have done that in our own home so don't let that be a deal breaker for you. Just be ready for a beautiful sight with food to match....Down in New Orleans

Room Tip: The place in general is quiet. Parking is safe and very enclosed so no need to be venous about your...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Traveling for work and stayed here for a week. The hotel's staff was very accommodating. The restaurant in the hotel was average. The entire place was very clean and the decor is updated.Outside the city but decent location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I am a Marriott junkie and have had issues finding a decent Marriott near the airport - have just had multiple issues in the past. Now the weather didn't cooperate being iced in one day (have more ice on the walls of my freezer), but the staff was awesome - hotel quiet - enjoyed the say so I know I will be back. Decent food, but overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here December 31-January 3 for the Sugar Bowl. Quick and easy access to downtown, and a very nice hotel. Our room was beautiful and we had no complaints! It's a small thing but I wanted to say THANK YOU for providing the liquid hand soap along with the toiletries! It's about time hotels stop using terrible hand soap bars! Nice touch. Thanks for a great stay, we'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple