“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a nice hotel and the staff was very friendly. I had a small issue finding the parking garage for the hotel because of the way you have to get to the hotel. You turn off of 6th street and turn right, then turn right again. My GPS kept telling me to turn left onto 5th street. There was no 5th street and I wound up going over the bridge on Causeway Blvd. Thank goodness there is a turn around 3.5 miles over the bridge it would have been a very long drive over and back! Once I figured the garage out it was great. The rooms were very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tara K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Lafayette, La
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We blocked off several rooms for our wedding that was in new orleans, and it was a terrible experience. Before I get to that I will say that the hotel itself is nice, safe, and comfortable for the most part. Except if you are entering/leaving the parking garage during rush hour. High potential to die or get seriously maimed. As for the blocking off rooms. I blocked off my rooms 9 months prior to the wedding. Contract signed, done deal. Except that it wasn't. It was a mess from the beginning. The bride and grooms rooms had to be cancelled and rebooked several times due to mistakes by the sales manager(and tried to charge us for cancellations). Most people did not get the rate that was in the contract, including me, the one that brought 20 rooms of people to thier hotel. they agreed to hand out gift bags we had made to all of our guests. They didn't get them. I personally had to deliver bags to our family and friends instead of preparing for the wedding. So again, I would NOT recommend this hotel for anything involving a group or sort of planning. It took several hours on the phone, calls would not be returned for weeks, countless headaches, and instead of trying to enjoy my wedding, I had worry about if I had a room to get ready in.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BeerMeBlazer
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I can not believe that my first discrimination and worst service of my life was at a Marriott hotel. First let me say that I'm staying here on a marriott family discount like I always do. On the first day of my vacation we wasted 6 hours waiting on towels, yes 6 hours. And worst of all, I had to make several calls to front desk before someone answered. Front desk clerk said that they were understaffed, only one person was working in room service for entire hotel. The following morning I called front desk and ask for a manager, I explained nicely to him what happened and I told him nicely I would prefer to come down and get clean towels myself instead of waiting 6 hrs again due to understaff. He nicely replied that it won't happen again. About two hours later, on my way to get some sun by the pool, I received a call from my family member crying telling me that the manager of New Orleans Marriott Metairie called her department manager and said that we came down cussing and being disrespectful, and she's about to loose her job. I called the General Manager of the hotel, the answer I received from him was that there's 2 sides to the story and that he needs to speak to his employee first to find out what happened. After speaking to his employee He called back telling me that it is protocol for them to call family member's job, and that she wasn't getting fired. I said to him that his employee lied about me cussing and being disrespectful, now I wanted an apology. He said "well I can tell you right now that's not going to happend, what else do you want me to do for you"... (Yes from a GM). We are still staying (this happened yesterday) here until tomorrow, waiting on great customer service Marriott is known for. No calls, no knocks on our room door, no apologies. Our entire vacation was ruined due to the bigotry of the employees of this hotel. I am thankful that there are cameras and calls are always recorded for legal actions. I have nothing nice to say about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Vanessa V
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were on our drive out of NO when we decided to stay another night. We walked into the Marriott, got a great rate and got a beautiful suite. We only spent one night here. The room was very spacious with its own sitting area. Everything was clean and comfortable, and we got a really good nights rest. We went to the bar downstairs which was empty (mid day of week). We ordered room service (burger) and enjoyed it. Was a great stop over for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Rooms are larger than your typical Marriott. Quiet location, conveniently locate the beginning of the causeway. Very convenient if you are working/visiting any of the businesses at the Lakeway office buildings.Restaurant is adequate if you are stuck there (otherwise, go to New Orleans!). Nice free fitness center. Valets are pre-occupied with their cell phones and aren't overly helpful (i.e. they didn't even offer to help with luggage- no tip!).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hammond,La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Quiet hotel with nice indoor athletic club pool, just ask for a voucher at the desk.My room was very clean with comfortable bedding and pillows,always a Marriott staple.After a long day at Jazz Fest it was nice to have a relaxing swim. Parking if you do it yourself is free on weekends in the garage across the street and in the hotel garage. Ordered breakfast from the menu as I prefer to eat healthy..I don't care to do buffets. Had a superb egg white & crab meat omelette with grilled tomato and steamed asparagus on the side. Great place to avoid the crowds and bustle of the French Quarter or CBD hotels while having easy access to all parts of the Greater New Orleans area! Very helpful and attentive staff. I enjoyed my stay and will return in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Beckley, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The building however is in great need of some renovations. The location was not the greatest mostly because of the traffic flow and having to go so far out of the way to get turned around to go in the direction that you needed to go.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Patrick B, Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
We appreciate all feedback, thank you for taking the time to provide your review. While we are glad to know that you found our associates to be so friendly and helpful, it is truly disappointing to learn that your overall experience did not reflect that same level of service and for that we apologize. It is our hope that you will stay with us again in the future, thank you.