“Really nice Marriott”

New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Really nice Marriott, near shopping in New Orleans. I stayed here for 3 nights.

Valet or self park service, but valet is not that expensive so I used the service.

Front desk staff was really friendly.

Concierge lounge is great. Excellent staff in the morning and evening. I only ate there because it was good, simple, and free for me!

The fitness center was like a bad rummage sale of unused personal fitness equipment. It is not the hotel's gym, but rather the building's gym. The equipment is old and it is in desperate need of updating. I was really disappointed based on how the rest of the hotel looked. I expected a high end gym based on the building and businesses near by.

Hotel is a decent location from downtown. A quick cab ride and you are in the French Quarter. There are plenty of other restaurants and a shopping mall within walking distance.

Starbucks is also on site. A plus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carrie B

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

One night stay prior to our cruise out of the New Orleans port. Good valet service , courteous front desk, excellent hotel amenities such as an indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center, an outdoor running area, as well as a basketball and tennis courts. Also decent hotel food at the restaurant and close proximity to the port
. Its not one of the newer hotels but it looks well kept.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Okay let me start by saying we were looking for an affordable hotel during the Essence Festival, everything was sold out and the rest were ridiculously expensive so the key is to book a hotel that IS NOT on Essence's reserved list, they hike up the price, so as opposed to paying $400 - $ 759 per night we paid $169 and was ten minutes away from all the action. We rented a car and absolutely had a GREAT time. Parking was free on weekends at Marriott as well. Loved the gym and track, pool etc. the view of the lake is priceless when you want a piece of mind. They had bill boards in the lobby with all the schedules for concerts and the rooms were clean, modern , cozy. A/C worked great and we didnt have to deal with all the "rowdiness" of staying in the French quarters.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the view of the lake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last july 8-9 2014 for my interview. I got it from priceline.com for a price of $68 before tax thru name your price, and this hotel that i got is a 3 1/2 star hotel. I was so happy when priceline booked me a marriott hotel i have been always wanting marriott, i always have a good experience with it. We travelled 335miles to go into this hotel and i called the front line office to tell them we will be late and ellen was so nice and helpful. We arrived at 7pm, well i was surprised, i didnt know the hotel was that big compared to te other marriott we stayed in, as soon as i stepped in I told the kids while they're still in the car, "hey guys, we got a jackpot for a $68 hotel, very clean, huge, welcoming entry room, parking is easy, accessible which is by the way self parking is $10 and valet is $20, which i would suggest just get a self parking, very easy and accessible for everybody, so many available parking spot, not hard at all. I got a room in a lakeview side which is amazing, so nice view, which i would say, that makes our stay so satisfying...it is another thousand dollar view from our room...room is clean, smells clean, pillows looks so elegant and comfy, so soft bed linens, i love the hair care products they used...aromatherapy, so calming( i dont normally use hair care products from hotels but this time glad i used it) overall, our stay was great! We would recommend!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in August of 2013. Our room was absolutely beautiful. We were on a high floor with a view of the lake. We had a sitting area also. We are Marriott gold members so we did not have to pay for parking, which was only $10.00 if we had to pay. We also received concierge because we were gold members. This was breakfast and snacks at night and desert. The hotel was close to the highway so it only took about 15 minutes to get to the French Quarter. We stayed 2 nights and I would go back there in a heart beat! Loved this place.

Room Tip: High floor with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

About two weeks ago my cousins and I stayed at this hotel. the hotel itself is mediocre but the staff especially management are horrible. We encountered several bad incidents at this hotel. The evening when we arrived, they told us that there was only one housekeeper on duty (this was a lie). It took us hours before we received our towels. when we spoke to management (Chris & Patrick) to express our frustration both responded "what do you want me to do about this?" excuse me sir why are you asking me to tell you how to perform your job? Either their management team are poorly trained or they just don't care about providing good customer service. I can definitely say that we will never stay at this hotel again it was a waste of our time, money and vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dawn P
Patrick B, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

It is truly disappointing to hear when a guest's experience does not live up to their expectations. Someone from our staff is always available to discuss any issues and we apologize if we were not able to clear up any concerns you may have had during your stay. We truly regret if anything at our hotel was amiss or if you experienced any lack of professionalism from any of our associates, as excellent service is always one of our highest priorities. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a nice hotel and the staff was very friendly. I had a small issue finding the parking garage for the hotel because of the way you have to get to the hotel. You turn off of 6th street and turn right, then turn right again. My GPS kept telling me to turn left onto 5th street. There was no 5th street and I wound up going over the bridge on Causeway Blvd. Thank goodness there is a turn around 3.5 miles over the bridge it would have been a very long drive over and back! Once I figured the garage out it was great. The rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business