“Horrible stay... Rude staff..”

Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed at the Days Hotel Metarie in late March of 2012. My experience there was one I will never forget. We arrived at the hotel at about 10PM to check in. The front desk agent was no where to be found. After waiting at the counter for about 10 minutes, a woman came from behind the front desk office to help me. She was chewing her food for most of the check in process. After getting checked in, my brother and I proceeded to go to our room. When we arrived there everything looked fine. A few minutes after being in the room and getting our bags squared away, my brother noticed a red splatter stain on the bed skirt and the wall by the bed which looked like blood to us. It was pretty disgusting. We weren't sure what it was nor did we want to find out. We called down to the front desk to be told there was no one from house keeping on staff that could help and there were no other rooms they could move us to. The front desk agent said she would leave a note for the morning staff and the manager. The next morning we called down again and shortly thereafter housekeeping arrived to our room. We showed them the substance we were talking about and they began to change all the bedding on both beds. While they were doing this, I went to the front desk and asked for the manager. Since it was a Saturday, I was told there would not be one on shift that day nor on Sunday. Very frustrating. I asked if there was anyting she could do and she said no. She also said she had put a call into the the "property manager" and he had not yet responded. That evening I returned to the front desk to be ignored by the evening agent. When I walked up, she was checking in another person. i was standing at the desk just off to the side waiting patiently. After she completed checking the guest in, she walked away around the corner and out of sight. I waited. I heard her talking to someone behing the wall for about 5 minutes. Then I heard her say goodbye that she was leaving for the night. Then low and behold she appeared and walked right to the front desk in front of me and reached under the counter and looked at me and said "I almost forgot my purse" and pulled a purse out from under the desk and walked out. After another 5 minutes another agent appeared and fielded my inquiry. She said she had seen the note about the stain on the bed skirt but had not heard anything further and the "property manager" had not returned the email they had sent. Odd because the agent that had just left told me they called the "property manager". Regardless I went up to my room. The next morning I came down to check one more time before checking out of the hotel. The same agent was there that had checked me in two nights prior. She said she would adjust my rate down from $119 a night to $79 a night for the inconvience. I told her that wasn't good enough. She then called housekeeping. A housekeeper came to the front desk and spoke to the agent for a moment then I was again told they could only adjust my rate to $79. She then told me that housekeeping said it was bbq sauce on the bedskirt and wall, not blood (forgot to mention earlier, the wall was never cleaned). I asked her how they knoew it was bbq sauce and she said she didn't know. Needless to say (nor anyone I know or can talk to) will ever stay at a Wyndham property again. I am in the process of writing a letter to their corporate office and will be including the pictures I took of the mysterious stains as well. I also agree with the other reviews that the internet in this hotel is horrible.

Room Tip: None of the rooms in this hotel are good.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Albert M
Ambassador535, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for choosing the Days Hotel New Orleans New Orleans Metairie for your visit to New Orleans. We regret that the customer service you experience was less than stellar. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie has employed a new Front Office Manager, Terrance Daniels whose past experience has enhanced the training of the front office and other team members who are responsible for the complete guest experience. Please contact Terrance Daniels at 504-833-8201 for complete satisfaction regarding this issue.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had read the reviews on this Hotel but even though there were quite a few bad ones I must say its not bad. It's nothing fancy mind you and I wouldn't want to spend a week or two here but for just a night or two it's perfectly adequate. Room is clean. Staff was professional. I really don't see what all the fuss was about.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Steven2212

Thank you for your review of the Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie for your recent visit to the New Orleans area. The Days Hotel is conveniently located at the crossing of I-10 and Causeway, with easy access to Lakeside Shopping Center, the Galleria and Causeway Boulevard-gateway to the Northshore. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie family thanks you for mentioning the clean accomodations and professional staff. Please contact Terrance Daniels at 504-833-8201 for your return reservations and come see us again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I had to do a one nighter to New Orleans for a court hearing. The check in was fast and the staffer was super. This place was very clean. The location was great. This is probably one of the best values in New Orleans. It is right off the freeway and there are many places nearby to eat. The WiFi worked great. Overall, nothing fancy, but not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jerry A

Thank you for choosing the Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie for your recent stay in the New Orleans Metairie area. The Days Hotel is conveniently located at the crossing of I-10 and Causeway with easy access to Lakeside Mall, the Galleria and the Causeway, gateway to Slidell and the Northshore. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie family thanks you for mentioning our SUPER staff, and clean accomodations at a great price.Please contact Terrance Daniels at 504-833-8201 for return reservations and, as always, thank you for choosing Days Hotel.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Forget about "WiFi" in your room ... signal strength is crap ... usually 1 bar, at most 2 bars - cuts out frequently. Slow as crap - reminds me of the old 300 baud days.

Do not believe the bloody website claiming they have "high speed internet".

I went and complained to the guy at the front desk - he told me that I was not the first person to complain about the internet service (or lack there of).

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie for your recent stay in the New Orleans. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie is conveniently located at the crossing of I-10 and Causeway Drive, across from Lakeside Shopping Mall, the Galleria and the access Causeway, gateway to the Northshore. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie family appreciates your input regarding Wi-Fi access at the hotel and has taken steps to improve the signal. Please call Terrance Daniels to make your return reservations at 504-833-8201.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

It was a nightmare for non-African Americans or White people (racial discrimination maybe)..The staff was so mean that he or she give other people icy face when you approach them with smiles, non-working lights ...The room itself was OK but if you care about customer service, do not come here.

The walls in the hallway have nasty and rude words, not family style. There were staff talking loudly at midnight in the hallway, worst place ever, totally unfriendly place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travel F
Reviewed 7 March 2012

1) Hard Enough to get to, without the construction at the
I-10 / Causeway cloverleaf.
2) I was staying here for work. The woman at the desk the
was not the friendliest... esp to weary travelers. Very snippy
with guests.
3) Wheeled a full luggage cart of equipment to my second
floor room, only to discover that it was already occupied.
"Crabzilla" at the front desk didn't bat an eye or seem very
concerned when I returned with my full cart to seek a more
vacant room. None of this inspired a lot of confidence in the
safety of me or the equipment I was traveling with.
4) I will say that if you have a lot of gear or luggage- the
outer, 1st floor rooms all seem to have sliding storm doors
that open to parking lot- both convenient and dreadful
(from a safety / break-in standpoint).
5) Doors and Walls transmit sound very well- I could hear
the louder, more inconsiderate guests, very clearly.
The place seemed to be falling apart.
6) On the positive note, the rooms themselves were relatively
clean and there is an IHOP right off the lobby that seemed to
be open late and early, so there was always food nearby.
I didn't see the bugs some of the other reviews mentioned.

Returning in another week and
WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN, Sorry.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank marcjef
Ambassador535, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you for choosing Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie for your recent visit to the New Orleans area. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie family know that todays traveller has many options and thanks you for choosing us. The Days Hotel New Orleams Metairie is conveniently located at the crossroads of I-10 and Causeway Drive, adjacent to Lakeview Shopping Mall, the Galleria and easy access to the Causeway and Northshore. The Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie welcomes Terrance Daniels as Front Office Manager who is taking a lead in training efforts for excellent customer service. Thank you for mentioning the clean, comfortable accomodations and the excellent IHOP Restaurant right in the lobby. Please make your arrangements to visit again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

We visit NOLA twice a year & we would rather stay at a hotel than stay with family so we can be comfortable. This year we decided to stay at the Days Hotel in Metairie, LA. We had a reservation for Jan 16-20 for Mardi Gras.
I call in advance to confirm our reservation and all was good. When we arrived, the front desk lady was not too friendly, but we know how things can be at Mardi Gras with having hundreds of visitors, most being rowdy and drunk, so we took her lack of friendliness with a grain of salt.
After checking in we went to the elevators. Waiting, Waiting.. and waiting.. BOTH sets of elevators are out-of-order. We were on the 3rd floor. We had to carry all our luggage up the 3 flights of stairs and my husband has bad knees. He is just before scheduling surgery for his knees.
The elevators did not work for the whole week there! The maintenance men were very nice! Joking as we would pass them in the hall way or the stairs. As our visit wore on, my husband got to were he was having trouble even walking around because of his knees hurting so bad from climbing the stairs every time we came back to the hotel. When I would tell the front desk the elevators were not working, they would barely look up, but never made any comment. I would tell them every time I used the stairs!
The cleaning ladies were just as unfriendly as the front desk. In the morning, I would pass them all lined up down stairs. I would speak as I would walk pass them,” Good morning ladies” No one would answer and some would even roll their eyes.
Needless to say, I will not stay at this hotel again. NOLA has plenty of places to stay.

Room Tip: Marroitt Lakeside is wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank fannin9

Thank you for choosing the Days Hotel Metairie New Orleans for your stay during Mardi Gras 2012. The Days Hotel Metairie New Orleans family appreciates that today's traveller has many options and are gratified that you chose our hotel. We regret that the hotel elevator was not operational at the time of your stay; however, the maintenance company repaired the problem as soon as the part arrived (delayed due to Mardi Gras festivities). Please visit us again at Days Hotel New Orleans Metairie.