“Sleep Inn and Suites-Metairie” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
New Edinburg
“Sleep Inn and Suites-Metairie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed 5-25/5-28, and we enjoyed our stay. The rooms are spacious, flat screen tv's, micro,and frig in room, another plus is checkout time is 12noon. they also offer breakfast-eggs,sausage, toast, pastries, instant grits and oatmeal, waffles, boiled eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee.......man I was impressed, very nice staff, and close to many shopping stores/10-15 min drive to Bourbon St.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gm121, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We work very hard to achieve excellent guest satisfaction; It's very rewarding to get feedback like this from our guests. Thank you very much! Come back and visit us again soon!

Kimberlee Stone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We found the staff very helpful, the facility sparkling clean, and the location perfect for grabbing a bite to eat at nearby restaurants which include fast food to dining such as Applebees or perusing the local shopping mall. Pricing is very reasonable. We highly recommend for a safe, inexpensive, clean and friendly place to spend a night on your travels.

Room Tip: There isn't a pool, but there is a small exercise room
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Also, I wanted to let you know that we offer complimentary passes to the YMCA. The facility is located just a few miles from the hotel and they have an outdoor seasonal pool. Next time you are in town, make sure to stop by our front desk to pick up a complimentary pass! Thanks so much!

Spring, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

stayed 2 nights, may 13th-14th. outside of the hotel was clean and well kept. inside was clean and looked recently remodeled. front desk staff was very nice and helpful. our room was clean and smelled very nice when we entered. the location off veterans memorial made it close and easy to get to food and shopping and not to far from new orleans. my only complaints would be that the mattress was a little to hard, the power outlet built into the desk lap didn't work and the shower head was a little dirty and low on pressure. otherwise i enjoyed my stay, and next time we are in town, i wouldn't hesitate to stay again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dvd_12
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I want to thank you for taking the time to bring the maintenance issues to our attention. I will make sure that our engineer has these items on his preventive maintenance list for each room so that it can be addressed. Again, thank you very much. We hope to see you again! Take care!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I didn't LOVE our stay, but as I reflect upon it -- it was a fair deal for the price. But perhaps next time, I will pay a few xtra 20s a night to stay somewhere else. The area was fine -- just off a main strip with lots of new stores and restaurants (and a branch of Cafe du Monde pretty close). There were never enough parking spaces for all the guests, so parking alongside the road became commonplace [there is some other remote lot, but not convenient really when you're lugging stuff].

Breakfast was pretty substantial -- waffle maker, eggs, sausage, cereals, pastries, yogurt, coffee, etc. The breakfast rm gets pretty crowded though, and you definitely have to be in the mood to stand elbow to elbow to gather breakfast. Very nice girl working that area.

We returned to the room on the first evening after 10pm, and found that the bulbs in the 2 lamps were burned out. Front desk said maintenance was gone for the night, and will bring in the morning -- he did arrive bright and early to replace bulbs, but of course we needed the light at night...when..it..is.. dark. Also, there were no extra blankets at front desk. We had a room for 6 people, and only 3 blankets. I didn't mind having to go to front desk to ask for them, but would expect to get some when I get there. Blankets and light bulbs are the type of thing that should be kept on hand overnight because isn't that the time when people are likely to ask for them?

The room was pretty clean, not pristine, but decent. Nothing gross. When I-10 is not jammed, you can get into downtown Nola in about 15 minutes. Not bad.

So, again it was cool for the price. And staff was friendly enough, even if they were saying 'no we don't have any of that' or 'sorry, wait until morning'.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take our guests comments very seriously. It helps to give us insight as to how we can improve.

I want to apologize for the inconvenience you had with the light bulbs not properly working in your room. I'm very sorry this happened. But most of all, I'm sorry that our front desk agent did not locate the bulbs and blanket for you. This should have been taken care of immediately. I assure you this will be addressed with our front desk staff, and the appropriate action will be taken. I would never want one of our guests to be inconvenienced this way again.

I would also like to inform you that our management company is working on plans to expand our breakfast area. We typically stay very busy so we are excited about the opportunity to serve our guests more comfortably.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. And I hope that you will accept my sincere apology. I'm very sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as it should have been.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Highly recommend this place. Had to come to NOLA to take care of some family things. This place is about 10 minutes from downtown - but in a nicer area. Clearview mall is across the road. A Cafe du Monde is a few blocks away on Veterans Blvd. There is a bar really close to the hotel that I was concerned about, but I was there on a busy weekend and didn't experience any problems.
Only CON is limited parking.
Everything else was excellent! Will definitely stay there again the next time I have to travel to NOLA for family.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to the area. I wanted to let you know that we recently added a parking garage to help accomodate our overflow parking. I hope that you come back to see us again soon! Again, thank you!

Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed for one night at this inn when we arrived on a late flight into New Orleans international airport. The accommodation was completely satisfactory given the price that we had paid. Although we had arrived late at night we still managed to get our car parked in the hotel car park but there appeared to be plenty of parking in the street close by anyway. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly. The bedroom was very comfortable and we had no concerns. The breakfast the next morning (which is included in the price) was adequate. As mentioned by others the breakfast room is very small but we were still able to get a table.
If visiting New Orleans for sightseeing I wouldn't necessarily recommend this accommodation for your stay but for the convenience of an overnight stay near the airport I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Miss_Pie
gm121, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I wanted to let you know that we recently added a new parking garage on Trenton Street to accomodate our overflow parking. I'm also very excited to inform you that our management company is working on expanding our breakfast room in the near future!

We take our guests comments very seriously, and we are always looking for new ways we can improve. Thanks again for helping us to see things from a guest perspective! We hope you come back to visit us again soon!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

The staff goes above and beyond, for the money this place far exceeds other , higher priced hotels in the area. Book in advance, this makes things easier. Highly recommend, more than satisfied.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! You are right about our staff...we are very lucky to have such a great team working with us. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge how wonderful they are. We hope to see you again soon!

Take care!