“Sleep Inn Metairie”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel. It's not a big hotel, but rooms were correct and clean. Breakfast was included and classic (but breakfast room is very small).

The hotel is just near the highway, but we were not disturbed by the noise. There are a lot of restaurants and fast foods around which is quite nice.

Biggest complain was the elevator : there is only one for the whole building and it must probably be the slowest in the world.

1  Thank Oberyn
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are currently working on expanding our breakfast area and hope to get the remodeling done very soon.

I'm glad you found our location convenient and quiet. We are in the center of everything, yet away from the noise of the downtown area.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Heidi Hutton
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2012

hopefully all the sleep inns are this nice as this one , greeted very friendly staff with popcorn drinks and candy welcome bag, fresh baked cookies in the evening , 24 hour coffee , very nice room even though they were sold out i had booked a smoking room [im a non smoker] no smell or burns everywhere. very nice . Breakfast was awesome waffles, sausage patties with scrambled eggs with many other choices, i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the New Orleans area they take AAA book early they sell out. Hard to find by gps

Room Tip: call for directions gps was confused
2  Thank jessejamez69
gm121, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

We work very hard to provide excellent guest service and nice, clean rooms. It's very rewarding to receive this type of positive feedback.

I will share you comments with our entire team. We hope to see you again soon! Take care!

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Our two double bed room was quite small, but clean and adequate for sleeping. The breakfast area was also quite small. Also, there was a dental floss stick on the floor between the bed and the wall and it was never removed the entire time we were there. (NASTY) The main thing really to complain about is the limited parking. There are not enough parks for everyone staying at the hotel. This resulted in people parking anywhere they could find, behind othe cars, making it very difficult to get out. They do have an overflow parking lot, but it is down the block and we were afraid to leave our car there and to make that long walk in the middle of the night. We ended up parking on the street next to the hotel. While the hotel itself was very nice, I'm not sure I would stay again due to the parking situation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive for excellent guest satisfaction, consequently it is very disappointing to hear you are unhappy.

I'm so very sorry that our housekeeping staff failed to remove the floss on the carpet. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and I assure you I will bring this to the attention of our housekeeping staff.

Our owners and management company have been working together on a plan to provide additional parking. We recently added the parking garage on Trenton to help accomodate our overflow parking. Because the hotel is always so busy, we are working on providing other options as well.

We are always glad to receive feedback from our guests. It helps us continue to improve, and strive to be the best we can possibly be.

Again, I'm very sorry you were not pleased with your stay. I hope that you will accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

This is a compact Sleep Inn with one elevator serving 4 floors and a very small breakfast area.
Safe location limited parking.
Rooms have full size bathrooms with tubs not the standard Sleep Inn shower only.
The internet service good and desk area and chair good for working.
Beds and bedding are average (not the comfort and quality of Hampton Inn). There was only one set of towels for a King Suite but the hotel was full so that may have been the reason.
Noise in hallway from other guests but that is not the fault of the hotel.
Overall this is an above average Sleep Inn and good value for New Orleans.
Front Desk did acknowledge my loyalty club status with a water and snack which was a nice touch.
I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so due to the location and price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

I want to apologize about the supply of towels in your room. I'm very sorry our housekeeping staff did not provide a sufficient supply. I assure you this is not our typical practice, and I will address this with the housekeeping department to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon, so that next time we can make your stay absolutely perfect!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Needed a place to rest on the last leg of our vacation. Wanted to stop in New Orleans because I'd never been before, but didn't want to spend loads of money. It was a little confusing to get to but our gps found it. Very clean, nice front desk service, big room.

The only very minor downsides were: strange bathtub and tiny, crowded breakfast area
The tub was extremely slippery and the bottom of it was lower in the middle and raised a little on the sides - it was almost hard to stand up in when taking a shower. Never seen a tub with a bottom like it before.
The breakfast room was small, but we were there early and got seats, ate and then left to make room for others.

The neighborhood was definitely in an industrial area and parking was tight, but we were able to park in the lot even after going out to eat.

Overall, it was a very nice stay, good price, and would come back again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
gm121, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We take our guests comments and suggestions very seriously.

I wanted to let you know that our management company is working on a plan to expand our breakfast room, and we are in the process of updating our bathtubs. We are constantly looking for new ways we can improve!

Thanks to feedback from our guests, we are able to make the necessary changes to achieve excellent guest satisfaction.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

My Mother, daughter and I took a short roadtrip from Dallas and the first place we wanted to visit was the NOLA area. We stayed in Metairie because a friend of mine from New Orleans suggested it would be a good location with a short drive to New Orleans and other cities. I chose Sleep Inn & Suites because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were happy with our choice.

I do have to say I forgot about the comments that were made about finding the hotel…I put in the address 4601 North I-10 Service Road, Metairie as shown on Google Maps, Trip Advisor etc. Because of this address and the major construction we ended up driving around for almost an hour. We finally called the hotel and they told us to go to Clearview Pkwy, turn on Utica then on Trenton St. So…if you are using GPS I recommend that you plug in 4601 Utica St. Once we arrived at 7:00pm we got a great parking spot. As stated in the other reviews they do not have a ton of on-site parking but we did not encounter any problems the days we were there.

The staff was friendly and our room was nice. We had a microwave and good size fridge in the room along with a flat screen TV. There has also been mention of the bath tubs. I did not notice it but my daughter and mother did…the sides are curved more which make them a bit more slippery than other tubs. Overall the hotel was clean and seemed to be kept updated. The breakfasts were good both mornings of our stay. They have a wide array of offerings such as eggs, yogurt, waffles, fruit and sausage plus the normal cereals, pastries and breads. My daughter loved the scrambled eggs and waffles.

The hotel is located in a commercial district so the view is not great but it was quite. We were not there to shop but there are a ton of great shops, a large mall and lots of restaurant options in the area. We were very happy there was a Cafe Du Monde right down the street!

Thank you, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pebbles2020

I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult time finding our location. Thanks to our guests feedback, we are working on synchronizing our address coordinates with all GPS devices.

I also wanted to let you know that we are in the process of updating our bathtubs. Our guests comfort and safety is at the top of our priority list, and we are always looking for ways we can improve.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We booked our room over the 4th of July holiday. This location was very convenient to French Quarter. The price was right. The room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. Parking was packed but that was alright. Enjoyed the stay very much!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back and visit us again soon. Take care!