Sleep Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscindy bishopnew orleansfront deskbank parking lotlimited parkingroom was cleanfrench quartercafe du mondeyogurtthe breakfast areasmoking roomhot breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonehard boiled eggseasy accesshousekeeping staffstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Just like everyone else my first issue was locating the hotel with the GPS. We figured it out pretty quickly though, when we arrived check in was smooth. One elevator was a little annoying and you had to wait a few minutes at times. We stayed 3 nights and we did not wake up early enough to make it to breakfast. The housekeeping staff did come a little early as a result we were only given new towels daily. The parking lot was always full when we would come back but we had no problems parking in the parking garage up the block. Overall we had a good experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Because of your review, I have spoken with the Housekeeping Supervisor and her team to make sure that stayover rooms are cleaned later in the day so that all guests are able to sleep in while on vacation.

We hope to see you again soon! Take care!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed 4 nights and had a great time. I decided to book this hotel based on the great value, and it's close proximity to New Orleans. We went to N.O. daily, and the trip there was so easy. The only minor issue we had was the light switch that turns on the light over the sink had to be turned on and off a few times to get the light to turn on. Obviously it didn't bother us much, because I forgot to ever mention it to the staff. Upon arriving, the lady at the desk got out a treasure chest filled with little toys and puzzles and let my daughter pick something. We were impressed. Parking was not an issue at all. The breakfast was good, but crowded. We only managed to make it in time one morning because breakfast is over at 9, and we were so tired we slept until 9 or 9:30 everyday. I read in other reviews that there are plans to expand the breakfast area, and I'm glad for that. I also think they need at least one or two more waffle makers since that seems to be the most popular breakfast item. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay. The mini fridge came in really handy since we brought drinks with us to cut down on cost. Loved the flat screen tv, it was just like being at home. The only real concern I had was that the window of our room opened without a whole lot of effort. Since we were on the 5th floor, I was a bit nervous. I'm glad we could've opened it in the event of an emergency, but I think this is the only hotel I've seen where the windows open. Oh, and I saw they had fresh cookies nightly, but only oatmeal raisin, eeeww! :-).....would we stay again? In a heartbeat....just make sure you put Utica street in your GPS to get there so your husband doesn't whip your car in there in a very NASCARish fashion after seeing the right service road at the last minute.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LouisianaMama

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We work very hard to provide excellent guest service and nice, clean rooms. It's very rewarding to receive this type of positive feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area. Take care!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

On our return trip from Destin, FL, my daughters/granddaughters/friend and I stopped in Metarie. I choose Sleep Inn/Suites because they had a room that would accomodate 6 people with two queen beds and sleepter sofa for the younger kids. The room was quite large and the beds were comfortable. We are extremely allergic to cigarette smoke so I specifically asked for a NON SMOKING ROOM. The room was evidentaly made a non smoking room for our reservation because no amount of room deodorizer (and a lot had been sprayed) could cover up the smoke smell. I didn't complain to the front desk because we were tired so we prayed that we would be okay for the night. We were for the most part the next morning (just nasal stuffiness and irritated eyes and the kids didn't develop a cough). We had just spent 4 nights in a high tourist volume hotel in Destin so I had a hotel to compare the Sleep Inn too. The front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly and nice at both hotels. When I asked for non-smoking roomin Destin that's what we got but at the Sleep Inn, it was a camoflaged smoking room. (Uck, Uck!!)The Destin hotel bathroom floors, room and hall carpet and elevator floors were much cleaner and better kept than the Sleep Inn. I thought the welcome bag given at the Sleep Inn to Choice members was very thoughtful. If I make a reservation at this Sleep Inn again, the reservations personnel would have to assure me that I would be in a dedicated NON SMOKING ROOM.

Room Tip: If you need a non smoking room, confirm and reconfirm that this is what you're going to get. Stress you don't want a room that was smoked in yesterday but today it's a non smoking room. It doesn't work like that - it's either a smoking room or a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jcharj105

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your hotel room. I would like to apologize for your family being placed in a smoking room when you had requested non-smoking. I have spoken with all of our Front Desk Agents as well as our Housekeeping Supervisor to assure this does not happen again.

Thank you for the great review you have given our staff. We work very hard to make sure each guest has a plesant stay at our hotel. Again I apologize for the smoking room you received.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love for you to stay with again next time you are in the area so we can show you what a wonderful hotel we have.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

First time staying this at hotel and it was very nice and a great price (very affordable). Really clean room, very nice comfortable king size bed and updated appliances with flat screen tv! My favorite part was the shower because most hotels water pressure really sucks but this hotel had great water pressure! The housekeeping and front desk staff were all really nice and welcoming as well. I would say the only downfalls of this hotel was the parking bc the parkinglot was so small we had to park on the street twice but we were okay with that bc we could see our car from our room. They had optional additional parking down the block but not being from around there I didn't want anything to be stolen from our car so we chose to just park on the street. The other downfall would have to be is that there wasn't a pool! but There's lot to do around the area which made the trip more enjoyable! It's right off the interstate but we didnt hear any noise at all it was very peaceful!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our housekeeping staff and management work hard everyday to make sure that all rooms are ready for each guest. I will pass along your compliments to all of the staff!

As you stated we do not have a pool on site but we do offer complimentary pool passes to the Jefferson Parish YMCA located just a few miles away from our hotel. Next time you are in the area, please ask the Front Desk Agent for passes.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel. It's not a big hotel, but rooms were correct and clean. Breakfast was included and classic (but breakfast room is very small).

The hotel is just near the highway, but we were not disturbed by the noise. There are a lot of restaurants and fast foods around which is quite nice.

Biggest complain was the elevator : there is only one for the whole building and it must probably be the slowest in the world.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Oberyn

We are currently working on expanding our breakfast area and hope to get the remodeling done very soon.

I'm glad you found our location convenient and quiet. We are in the center of everything, yet away from the noise of the downtown area.