“Easy access to everything”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Easy access to everything”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel while on business. Just needed a good place to stay that was convenient to where I needed to be near downtown New Orleans. The room was comfortable and quiet even though it was facing the highway. There was a small issue with the toilet leaking on the floor but nothing that couldn't be repaired quickly.

There is nice shopping and restaurants within 5 minutes drive. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
To Our Valued Guest, Thank you so much for the awesome review of our hotel.We do want to make our guest feel like they are at their "Home Away From Home". And we love to make every guest stay memorable. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again for staying with The Sleep Inn..
Thanks Again
AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 3 November 2013

It is a challenge to find a jewel among the many choices of available motels, but this gem in Metairie is truly a jewel. The staff was remarkable. Dane on the front desk really showed Louisiana hospitality by running home to get a cork screw for us to use during our stay. Everyone on the front desk was very considerate, helpful and generous with their time in spite of some of our mundane requests and questions. House keeping did an wonderful job too. Cindy Bishop, the manager, should get "many complements" from corporate management on her excellent skills in managing this jewel in Metairie.
Lee J.
Chicago

Room Tip: Get a suite, you will enjoy the extra room and the Jacuzzi.
3 Thank 398Lee
To Our Valued Guest!
Hospitality is what we do and our team strives for excellence on a daily basis for you, our guest. We do appreciate the wonderful review you gave us and we'd love to have you come back and stay with us.We are happy we could make your stay most memorable. We hope to see you again in the near future on your return trip to New Orleans for another reunion with you and ya guy's.
Thanks again for staying with our family at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie.

Poquoson VA
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is a wonderful motel and it is in perhaps the safest suburb of New Orleans. The maid service and maintenance people are fantastic (especially Coandice), my room was spotless each day, the breakfasts---included in the price of the rooms---were with scrambled eggs, sausage, juices, coffee, waffles, cereal and all good. Free newspapers. Great beds (I had a king size for about $100 on a Saints football weekend!). Great AC, TV, shower, microwave. The desk staff is friendly and hard-working to make sure guests are taken care of, especially Ariel and the Manager.

Room Tip: All seemed great!
3 Thank Edwin P
To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the awesome review of our staff and hotel.We do want to make our guest feel like they are at their "Home Away From Home". And we love to make every guest stay memorable. We hope to see you again in the near future you and all the guys for your reunion!

Thanks again for staying with The Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

Tucson
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent 4 nights and each day was a wonderful experience. The free breakfasts were great compared to other similar size hotels. The staff was extremely helpful, taking care of all of our needs for the stay. Dane and the ladies are certainly customer oriented. I would highly recommend Sleep Inn as an alternative to the congested FQ area.

2 Thank Tucson_8714
To Our Valued Guest!
We are so happy to hear that our team could make your stay with us most memorable. We are glad that we were accommodating to you and your friends that we could make that reunion for you guys a good one! We strive for excellence in all that we do for you, our guest. We hope to see you again in the near future when you return to New Orleans.
Thanks again for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for business a short while ago, and I have to say that I was truly blown away with my stay and the level of customer service I received.

As a person that travels for work on occasion, I can honestly say that the first thing that I look for after flying for hours (and then in some cases driving for an hour or two) is a clean room, a hot shower, and a comfortable bed. This hotel delivered that...and more. From the moment I arrived at the hotel the front desk staff was courteous and friendly. Check-in was quick and easy; I gave the front desk clerks my driver's license and credit card, and they gave me my room key within two minutes. (Note: They will make a photocopy of your ID for security purposes, in the event you're locked out of your room and don't have your ID on hand.) They do have security cameras monitoring every hallway and stairwell in the building, which really made me feel secure.

The room that they gave me was a suite, and it was very clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable, and I had no problems falling asleep each and every time I laid on it. The restroom was a very nice size, and even had a Jacuzzi in it! Water pressure and temperature was very constant.

As other reviewers have mentioned, parking can be a bit difficult. The hotel has a small lot next to the building, and they have some parking spots across the street from the hotel. There is also street parking available.

The hotel is right off of I-10, and a short 15 minute drive will put you right in the heart of the French Quarter. There's also a Target across the street, a Dunkin Donuts about a 5 minute drive away, and a few fast food restaurants in the vicinity.

The next time I come down to the New Orleans area, whether it be for work or pleasure, I'll definitely look up this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Timothy H
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
To Our Valued Guest!
Thanks so much for the excellent review. We are so happy to hear that our team could make your stay with us most memorable. Our rooms are very spacious and clean and we are glad that we were accommodating to you. We strive for excellence in all that we do for you, our guest. We hope to see you again in the near future when you return to New Orleans.
Thanks again for staying with us at the Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

Victoria
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The parking was very limited so don't arrive late. The outside of the place is not that eye catching but once in the lobby it looked great. The place was spotless. We were first given a handicap accessible room. It was really clean but my husband did not like the way the shower was set up so we requested another room. They immediately gave us another room. This room was also spotless. It looked as if the entire hotel had new carpet. Staff was amazing. A big thank you to whoever found our bottle of wine in the first room and left it at the front desk. My husband was trying to get it cold so he put it in the refrig and when we moved to the second room forgot it. Breakfast was good, nothing exceptional about it. Beds were really comfortable. I guess the only complaint I had (which I didn't voice at the time) was they used some type of scented air freshener through the AC system and it really bothered my allergies. The smell was pleasant but a little strong for me.

When checking out staff asked if the second room was okay. They seemed sincere and wanted to make sure we had been satisfied. I would highly recommend this Sleep Inn. I had never stayed in a Sleep Inn before and did not know what to expect but I will definitely consider this chain since my first experience was so pleasing. Thank you, Sleep Inn and your great staff.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor. The first floor has windows to the outside.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosielie B
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to do a review of our hotel on your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Cindy Bishop (CHA)
Assistant General Manager
Sleep Inn & Suites
504-887-5337
Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Easy on and off of I10, local restaurants and complete staff made our 4 day visit a complete success. The room was all we needed, clean, quiet and comfortable. We got there and Donald gave us directions to a great restaurant. When we encountered a safe problem, the maintenance staff resolved it quickly. When we had to leave early, and before the posted time of breakfast, Monique opened 15 minutes early for us. She made coffee, cooked the eggs and set up the room. I can only thank them, and let all know I will always stay there when in New Orleans. Oh, the location is perfect, equally between the airport and the Quarter. Thank You all

1 Thank Wisc-Retiree
gm121, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
To Our Valued Guest,
We are so thankful for such a great review of our hotel and staff. We want you to have a memorable experience when you stay with us! We strive for excellence in all we do for you. Thanks again for your review and we will see you on your return trip to New Orleans