“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Newton, MA
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

It was tough to find an airport area hotel at a good price with good reviews, and I'm glad we made this choice as it was an excellent value for the price.

We were in a non-smoking room but I believe people had smoked in our room and that our floor had smoking rooms. Fortunately it was warm enough to open the window for an hour to air out the room because it did not smell fresh. The odor wasn't unbearable, but it came as an unpleasant surprise.

Overall the room was clean and fairly comfortable. The sheets are not too soft, but the pillows are pretty good and the towels good. Good choice of TV channels. Free WiFi but very slow. Friendly service.

We didn't have breakfast b/c our flight was too early and we weren't hungry, but the breakfast room was small and even at 6 a.m. was pretty crowded so I imagine this being a problem at a busy time. Not much of a selection but all the basics.

Hotel is about 4 miles to the airport terminal.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Annabella G
Cindy B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
To Our Valued Guest!
Thank you so much for wonderful review of the hotel and staff. We do strive for excellence for our guest and want to make sure our guest feel like they are at their "Home Away From Home" while you are staying with us. We are using a lighter air freshener since you have stayed with us last so hopefully on your next stay in New Orleans we will get to see you again.
Again thanks for staying with us at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

AGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Hebron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a motel that wasn't to expensive. I called the motel directly and they were so nice. Gave me a great rate. They held my room without even taking my credit card info. The room was big and comfortable.
The only 3 things I found wrong were: the wand to close is a little to high for a short person. (I'm only 5 foot)
The room was clean but the floor in the bathroom and a couple foot prints on it which wasn't mine. And last thing was I had a very difficult time getting to the motel. Not sure why the GPS told me to go over by the mall.

But I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank dobobe
To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the awesome review. The team remembers you both so well. We are proud that we could make your stay memorable and enjoyable. We surely hope to see you again on your next trip to New Orleans area.
Look forward to it!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is our go-to place when visiting New Orleans for any reason. It is conveniently located even if, in our case, business takes us to the West Bank as it is near the interstate as well as the Huey P Bridge. While parking on the hotel property is limited, designated spaces are available across the street. The manager and staff are attentive to guests. The rooms have refrigerators/microwaves which are always a plus for travelers. Breakfast is available daily. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Free Wi-Fi as well as a computer and printer available for guest use in the lobby.

Room Tip: Book early as this hotel seems to stay busy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank elaefcie

Thanks again for staying with The Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

Washington, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

On my way to a 7 day cruise the next day with a party that night towntown and decided to stay here as the rates were great compared to downtown rates prior to New Year's. Room was comfortable and a smoking room (few in this area). Was able to cab to downtown and the surrounding area without difficulty on the money I saved. Acme Oyster Bar nearby! I believe the asst.manager's name was Cindy and she was great. Personally came out to the breakfast area to greet everybody and answered all sorts of my dumb questions. Bedding and room comfortable and adequate. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank john d
Cindy B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
To Our Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for the awesome review of our staff and hotel.We do want to make our guest feel like they are at their "Home Away From Home". And we love to make every guest stay memorable. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again for your wonderful compliments .The staff and I love to hear that!

Thanks again for staying with The Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our stay was pleasant. We had one simple problem that was just a misunderstanding with housekeeping and it was taken into the hands of the Manager/Supervisor (Susan) who went BEYOND to correct the problem. OAN: it was a family unite and we were allowed to utilize the eatery area for our lunch. Naw'lins style people and I would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank ladyshea4
To Our Valued guest;
Thanks so much for your wonderful Reveiw of our staff and Hotel.We as a Team are proud to make sure we have gone above and beyond in all guest area's because we strive for excellence in all that we do for our guest. We hope to see you on your return trip to New Orleans
Thanks Again
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel is at I-10 and Clearview, easy to see and access off either road, and is very convenient to restaurants and the airport. We were very comfortable in our room and felt secure. The breakfast was very complete and the staff was helpful.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SaintVitas
To Our Valued Guest,
We are so happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us! We as a team strive for excellence for our guest. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Thanks again for staying at the Sleep Inn& Suites of Metairie
Kirkland, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on two separate nights in December. On December 7 (pre-cruise stay) and December 15 (post-cruise stay). I had pre-paid for our reservations prior to our arrival. Once we arrived all I had to do was show our confirmation page and a photo ID and we were all checked in.
The hotel was very clean and quiet. Once we went in our room we never heard anything in the halls. The beds were comfortable.
The breakfast was good and the lady who was working in the area was so friendly. My dad enjoyed talking to her. There was a good selection of hot and cold items. The breakfast sitting area was a little small. We found a table but I noticed others were leaving with their breakfast because of no open tables.
During our second stay I used the computer and printer that was in the lobby to check in for our flight the next day. That was very convenient.
The next time that I am in New Orleans for a cruise I will definitely stay here again

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wrigley1980
Cindy B, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
To Our Valued Guest,
We thank you so much for the "AWESOME" review of our staff & hotel. We want our guest to feel like they are at their "HOME AWAY FROM HOME”. We look forward to having you and your family back to stay with us again soon. We thank you again for staying with our family at Sleep Inn & Suites of Metairie