“Outstanding”

Dining options: Reservations
Texas
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

In town for one day and look to tripadvisor for advice. Sometimes question authenticity of reviews. Must say, reviews were right on the money! Food and service was wonderful. Ordered the Mumbo gumbo and Gator bites and both were exceptional! Chef Ron even took time to show his gratitude for us patronizing his establishment. Will definitely visit again when in the area.

• Visited July 2014

Chicago
“Fantastic Gumbo!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Don't blink or you will miss it. In a small strip next to the Holiday Inn. Wonderful food, great service, good price and Chef Ron makes you feel very welcome.

Visited June 2014
Gretna, Louisiana
“Best Gumbo in New Orleans”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I'm from New Orleans and always hesitant to eat gumbo in restaurants. Usually the gumbo has too much slimy okra or has burnt roux. Chef Ron let me try his gumbo before I bought it. I couldn't believe how good it was. My party also tried the spaghetti, red beans and 3 torpedoes. The only complaint and reason for not a perfect rating was the torpedoes. Contents were good but bread was too hard to eat. Maybe ask to not have the bread toasted. The spaghetti and red beans were excellent! It was great to see the owner and chef walk around the restaurant.

Thornton, Colorado
“BUGS”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I ate here and the food was ok and the chef was VERY nice but when I went to the bathroom... there was a ton of "palmetto bugs" as they called them.... where I come from they are called roaches!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank GoddessJenn
Ron I, Owner at Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for your recent post. I am glad that you enjoyed the food and service at the Gumbo Stop
In regards to your bathroom experience our Palmetto visitors have been addressed and upon your return visit you will notice refreshing change to the lavatory.

Regards
Chef Ron
“Don't pass up this little hole in the wall!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I found this place on Trip Advisor! Believe what they say and if y you are in Metairie, stop in. The jambalaya and red beans and rice were fantastic! We also got a shrimp po-boy which was just okay. But the rest was really great. I would definitely go back for the jambalaya and red beans and rice. I'm sure there is more on the menu that will knock your socks off!

Visited June 2014

Been to Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop? Share your experiences!