“Can't get any better”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

If you like New Orleans fare, then go no further. The Chef has created a menu that gives you a great sampling of all NOLA has to offer.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Simply read the reviews- hundreds of guests can't be wrong! We visited Chef Ron's after reading Trip Advisor reviews and finding that it was highly recommended and right next to our hotel. It is very nondescript, right on the side of the highway.
Chef Ron prepares everything himself, and the quality of his cuisine is phenomenal. Had a sample of his signature gumbo, crawfish etoufee, and red beans and rice and all were just phenomenal. If you are looking for well-prepared, authentic cajun cuisine look no further. Chef Ron came out and visited with us, and the staff provided a fantastic experience all around.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stopped here based on the reviews and location to our hotel (Sheraton Metairie). We were not disappointed with the service and food that we received. We had the crawfish etouffee and the chicken Jefferson. Both were excellent and the portions were large enough for three of us to share. Each dish came with a side order. We chose red beans and rice and jambalaya. All of it was seasoned well and not over powering even for my 7 year old that doesn't like spicy foods. We look forward to our next opportunity to return.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have had only one meal at the Gumbo Stop. It was very good. Boudin balls are a bit spicy, but good, almost as good as those from La Boucherie. $7.99. I had the 16 ounce Seafood Gumbo. $7.99. Very, very good, although the rice was a bit dry. My companion had a peach barbecue sandwich. Excellent taste. With one soft drink and one Girard chardonnay, the bill was $40 before tip. So, excellent value, very good cuisine, quaint tiny restaurant. I am impressed, but #1 in New Orleans? Hmm, I guess I will have to go back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I went with a family from up north so I had to have them try some local cuisine. I got the Imperial Chicken and they got the chicken & sausage gumbo, fried chicken, blackened chicken pasta, alligator and spaghetti & meatballs. We all enjoyed our meal and our waitress was super nice and informative on some local attractions to do. Left her a hefty tip. It's right off the Interstate in a convenient place however it is a small restaurant but the food is special and the prices right in line. We had absolutely zero complaints.