“Nice dinner”

The Creole Grille
Ranked #167 of 523 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 August 2014

First let me say upon arriving at 6:15 the place was completely empty. That made us a little nervous. However, we stayed and had some really good food. We started the night with the blue crab appetizer. The dish had a great taste, but lacked on the crab. I would have preferred paying a little more for more crab meat. I order the Creole Redfish which was probably cooked a tad bit too much, but was still pretty good. It was topped with a generous portion of lump crab meat and a nice butter wine sauce. It was served with the BEST I've ever eaten grilled veggies. The portion was large and could easily be enough for 2 meals. My hubby ordered the shrimp wrap which was also very good and large in portion. Our meals, appetizer and 2 ice teas brought our bill to $46. The waiter was attentive and friendly. Overall, I'd say it's a place we would definitely visit again.

1  Thank 63maryj

Reviewed 17 April 2014

It looked very nice inside. I was a little confused why noone was at the waiter booth waiting to seat us but then I quickly learned that there was only one waiter. I ordered the shrimp wrap with sweet potato fries and whipped cream and my friend got the shrimp delight salad with balsamic vingerette. We enjoyed both. Its about 15.00 per person minimum but its worth it! Their only downfall is they had one waiter and later a gentelman came out to help a little. She was very sweet and professional though.

1  Thank msmoore101
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This place got mixed reviews from the people I asked, but decided to try it for dinner. I had the chicken salad and my companion has the seafood platter. The salad was okay. The seafood platter was wonderful and enough for two to share. The fish, oysters and shrimp were perfectly cooked and tasted very fresh and the accompanying baked potato was the best we'd had in a long time. The restaurant was not crowded and service was great. Will definitely return when back in New Orleans.

1  Thank elaefcie
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a hidden gem! It is located in a little strip mall next to a grocery store. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but nice little bar and restaurant inside.

There seems to be some confusion on the name, the website calls it Jeff's Creole Grille, the menu can be viewed there.

Service was good, we enjoyed our meals. I had the creole pasta with chicken and my husband had one of the specials. I don't remember exactly what it was but he liked it, it was a combo plate of some sort with some fried fish and a red sauce w/ rice. Either way we were happy with our visit!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Met a business partner for lunch and was pleasantly surprised by the experience - so much so that I met my wife and friend at the bar for drinks before dinner and we ended up eating there again. Two of us had the grilled pompano with lump crabmeat in a meuniere sauce which we both agreed was fabulous. My friend is a serious fisherman and he commented that it was one of the best fish dishes he'd had in a long time. I had the fried shrimp for dinner with 15 huge shrimp which were wonderful with a crunchy batter and just enough seasoning. Even the two small grilled tomatoes topped with parmesan cheese were excellent.

Prices are very reasonable for both food and drinks. Decent bottles of wine are not as overpriced as I find at most places. Only bottled beer.

The place is cozy and quiet but we had plenty of room to spread out during our late lunch. There is a small bar with about 10 stools where we ate since the restaurant was slow and a little too quiet at dinner. The place is tucked away in the corner of an uninviting strip mall which I assume has a negative impact on business. However, if more locals knew about the quality of the food it wouldn't stay quiet for long. The restaurant used to be part of the Mr. Ed's chain but it appears it is now standalone. No matter - I would return and have suggested it to family.

1  Thank BigBrainOnBrian

Been to The Creole Grille? Share your experiences!