“Best sushi ever!!!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I traveled the world and always tried japanese restaurants.. but this is definitely the best I have ever tried!!!
This restaurant represent a delicious experience in japanese food!
I greatly suggest it! the staff is kind and precise and the service is fast!
the choice is various and everything is good and well decorated!!
I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Reviewed 15 October 2012

This is my favorite place for sushi. Rolls are different and very good. Unlike some other sushi restaurants, this one is spacious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We live close to the Elmwood location and we have picked up and dined in several times. I like that there is a kids shrimp tempura dinner served with rice and fruit. That makes it possible to take our daughter with us and keep her happy. The sushi is definitely above average for what is available in New Orleans. I find Sake to be a bit on the pricy side but the restaurant is attractive and the food is consistent so we will be back.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My brother lives close to this Veterans Blvd. sushi restaurant that makes wonderful visits to family even more enjoyable. Sushi is my favorite cusine and this place stacks up to most any in the country.

The menu is big and diverse so offers something for everyone. If you prefer more classic Japanses items you can enjoy then but you can also get the more American-ized rolls. I like crawfish and they offer plenty of the local favorites on the menu.

1  Thank arizonaac
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Don't waste your time coming to this place. I ordered the deluxe sushi plate which came with 10 pieces of nigiri and 6 pieces of maki. The nigiri was awful, not fresh and had no taste whatsoever. I also ordered one of their special rolls, the elmwood roll. It was alright but cost $15 for 6 rolls. Overall on the dinner I spent $50 and came away still hungry and not one bit satisfied. Don't waste your money here.

Been to Sake Cafe? Share your experiences!