“Long time local Metairie favorite”

Peppermill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppermill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 513 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Covington, TX
“Long time local Metairie favorite”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

As I had returned home to visit family for Christmas, my wife and I went for breakfast, and was a bit disappointed in the condition and the food.

We were greeted by shabby wicker benches that needed to be replace that are outside for guests waiting for a table, but I would not trust them lol.

The meal itself was ordinary at best. The Community coffee I had been looking forward too was luke warm, as was the replacement cup I had asked for.

The biscuits were cold as well, and a bit on the gummy side. The rest of the food was about what you would expect from a Denny's. Not bad, just average at best.... shame

• Visited December 2012

“Local likes it”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We ate here on recommendation from my cousin who resides in Metairie. Prices are comparable for the area and the food was very good. Husband really enjoyed the omelet with crawfish and my cousin and I both liked the Veal Josephine

• Visited October 2012
Metairie, Louisiana
“Good breakfasts, average dinners”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Have been going to the Peppermill since the 70s. Menu hasn't kept up with the times, but then again, the clientele seems to be aging with the place. Very good omelets for breakfast, but nothing special about lunches or dinners. Menu needs updating.

Visited March 2012
metairie
“ANNUAL SPECIAL ARE A BIG POSITIVE DEAL”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Regular menu usually good, not famous for large portions anymore, once I ordered bread pudding---never again, it looked like small broken scraps, disgusting. Annual specials are a very big deal, excelllent.

Visited October 2012
new orleans
“What a Great Find !!”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I work close to this restaurant and had never tried it due to its reputation as being "old fashioned" and attracts senior citizens. ( not a jab about age--I am 64 ) While shopping nearby on a Saturday afternoon we decided to give it a try for dinner. Arrived at 6:10 and found that we missed the special early bird that stops at 6:00 PM. First flag that we might be in the wrong place. It is a -5- course affair that included a glass of wine that I think is less than $35.00. Ordered off the regular menu and had a great meal. I ordered the drum fish almandine (sp) and received a very large fillet covered in toasted almonds and a lemon butter sauce. My wife had a fried shrimp platter against my protest. The menu had a large selection of fish and Italian dishes. She said it was a good choice due to the large lightly breaded shrimp, in spite of my suggestion to try something more adventuresome. Service was very attentive and by 6:30 the early-birders were leaving and I had a change to talk to the waitress. She had been working there for 14 years and explained the older clientele was due to good food at reasonable prices. I agree and plan on including it in my regular restaurants stops.

• Visited September 2012