“Best of the Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is my favourite restaurant in the outskirts of New Orleans. They treat you like an old Italian friend. You should choose from their 5-course menu where you get an appetizer, pasta, salad, meal, and dessert. Believe me, you will be full before you get to the dessert. It is also great to go with groups and sample everyone else's meal, especially the appetizers.

The experience is great especially on nights when the lounge singer is there entertaining everyone.

1  Thank RovingProfessor

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Salvatore's offers delicious food and the service is attentive, courteous and helpful. The portions are large and we were delighted with our appetizers, the salad, our meal and the dessert. We also had wine which complemented our meal wonderfully. If you are in the area, it is a great place to have some delicious Italian food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

An enjoyable evening (Wednesday night) at Impastatos with great bar service followed by a well presented table and excellent serving staff (Sherry). Wine and food reasonably priced and the five (5) course dinner well thought out and well cooked. Ample time between courses but not excessive. All dishes selected by the group were enjoyed and there were no “surprises”. Definitely a keeper.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I booked a wedding cocktail party three months in advance and met with mamagement three times at the restaurant. Each time I took notes and repeated the agreed upon plans during subsequent visits. Chef Impastato was present the last meeting and agreed to all my requests. Forty-eight hours before the event I called one last time to review the arrangements and was told all the tables would be left set-up, instead of the cocktail party configuration I requested. An arguement resulted in the original plan being reinstated. Food was to be served continuously from 2-5 pm. No food was served until 2:45 and food service stopped at 4:15. The food was delicious and the drinks kept flowing, however, at 4:00 the staff moved my party into the bar area and set-up dinning tables in the second room. At 4:30 they set-up tables in the bar area also, with many of my guests still present. I was presented the bill (which was reasonable) at about 4:30 and realized that the promised deserts were never served. I complained and deserts were immediately served to the remaining guests. An unexpected tip jar on the bar and Chef Impastato's public arguement with an employee added to the un-professionalism.

1  Thank BillBillMetairie
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This place we were tp;d may have good Italian food, but they ignore customers with reservations. We went there for Valentine's in 2011. I made reservations 2 weeks in advance. We waited for almost an hour past our reservation until they suggested if anyone wanted to double up. So since we were waiting we have been talking w/another couple we just met there & decided to dine together. We were stuck in the corner & always had to ask for refills on water. The food was terrible. I got the veal parm & it was hard & cold by the time we got our food. They served us in courses & since we were in the corner, we would usually get whatever was left on the tray since they would bring everyone else around us their food first. Then when it came time for desserts, that was just a horrible experience. The waiter came out with about a doz items on it & he went to everyone else's table first. Other people would pick something & then change their mind & put it back on his tray. I watched this happen 3 different times. And then when he got to us there were 4 left & he just gave them to us including the one that kept getting transferred back from table to table. I held my tongue on all the other issues but was not about to anymore. I told the waiter to bring us different items that were originally on the tray in the beginning & we did not want the leftovers from others. He said that is all they had left & we had to take them or leave them. I couldn't believe what he told us. Now there were a room full of customers that were still eating their dinner courses on the other side & they didn't have their desserts yet so you cannot tell me they all were not going to get their desserts??? BS!!! Anyways my husband took one & so did the other couple but decided not to. This place was terrible & made our Valentine's experience a most terrible one. Save your money & go to another restaurant. There are plenty of excellent restaurants in Metairie & New Orleans to choose from in lieu of this pathetic restaurant. Impastato's just plain all around sux!!!

2  Thank MetaireResidentSF

Been to Impastato's Restaurant? Share your experiences!