“Fantastic food, great menu choices”
Review of Byblos Restaurant

Byblos Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 527 Restaurants in Metairie
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Byblos is a Mediterranean/Middle Eastern restaurant. The menu is a vegetarian's delight despite having the usual, numerous choices for meat eaters. If you go with a big crowd, you can try all their great food! We had the Grilled drunken haloumi (home made cheese) which was delicious - the grilling added a great flavor. Everything we had was awesome - fattoush salad, eggplant and chickpea stew/moussaka, lentil and rice stew. The dessert, Ashta, was beautiful to look at and scrumptious!

Be prepared though, the restaurant is in a strip mall and does not look like much from the outside. The decor inside is very nice though.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Give this place a miss; go down market and try the Byblos deli cafeteria on Veterans Boulevard instead. In addition to prepared food to eat in or take out, you can shop the deli for Mediterranean specialties.

My last time at "Bilbo's" on Metairie Road, the lamb, ordered "pink," came out well done, and the server made no effort to resolve the situation. Note, that was my LAST time.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Just got done eating at this Byblo's and it was sensational. Fantastic food. Wonderful service.

A+

The service by our server justin was above & beyond.

The manager of the house, Miss Lisa, was kind enough to come over and introduce herself and she was fantastic. She was so nice and so sweet.

The kabobs are great. Everything is a joy here.

I will be back!

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. I dine in at least once a week for lunch. I always receive great service from the time I walk in the door. I recommend the following: Drunken Halloumi, Shrimp on a Skewer with a side of spinach and brown rice. Of course, everything is good!

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

This one of the few places that make and marinate their own Gyro and Schwarma. Food is always delicious and fresh. The wait staff can be hit or miss. We also enjoy the appetizers such as stuffed grape leaves, kibbi and tabouli salad. We also enjoy the lamb kabobs very much.

6  Thank Guido65