“Best charbroiled oysters ever”

Drago's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 525 Restaurants in Metairie
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Home of the Original Charbroiled Oyster!
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Cannot say enough about the fun atmosphere and delicious fresh seafood. Redfish stuffed with crabmeat and a lobster salad, of course after an amazing, dozen, tender charbroiled oysters

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Drago's is great Seafood, and the amazing garlic butter they baste their seafood with has made it around the corner to Drago's FireHouse Burgers. My 16yr old son devoured the Grilled Cheese burger with smoky BBQ sauce on it. My daughter and I split a burger. The garlic fries were enough for all three of us. A friend didn't like it bc it was "greasy"...I guess she didn't get the garlic-butter-basted-flame-grilled memo. It was as promised, and it was delicious.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Being locals in New Orleans you see a lot of restaurants come and go. You see trends that also fade fast. But Drago's is one of the special places in New Orleans. It's the place that locals go when they want the best seafood and the original char-broiled oysters! We always take out of town guests to enjoy a dinner at Drago's. It is great food, always good service and a warm friendly family atmosphere.

1  Thank SycamoreDrive
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After picking up my friend at the airport in New Orleans. We had time for lunch before we headed north to a silent retreat for men. My wife suggested this restaurant from a past experience. She nailed it. Although it had been sometime since she had visited there, her description and great experience is still valid. Of course there are many versions of what good cajun seafood can be. Drago's certainly has their own versions. My friend and I had a wonderful and charming waitress. The food was great. One of the new trends that I beginning to notice is that your credit card never leaves the table here. The transaction is done in your presence. That is a nice touch in saving time and security of your card as well. There are two Drago's in New Orleans. This one is easiest to get to from the airport. I had the Shrimp and Grits, my friend had the Boudin Stuffed Shrimp. Outstanding lunch.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Grilled oysters are fantastic!!!!other food is good also-- service was pretty bad last time we were there, but manager came over twice and apologized-- easy to get to from I-10