“Horrible”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This restaurant is horrible. Between very poor service and awful food, nothing to recommend other than avoid it.

1  Thank Cajun_traveler405

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Was so excited to go to Copeland's for my son's 17 birthday. But, once we got there - it wasn't so great. Service was ok, but the food - for some was good, for others (mainly me) was bad. When my meal came, it was so salty, I had to send it back. I ordered something else, but it didn't arrive till everyone else was finished their meal, and again, was not very good. Then we moved to dessert - which was a major thing, since it was for my son's birthday! We all ordered a dessert. They brought out 2, and the rest of us (3) sat watching them eat, and waiting. Finally, then brought out one more.... and more waiting. Then eventually, they brought mine, and my son (his birthday). I had gotten the Banana's Foster - and the banana's were hard and cold. The whole meal took over 3 hours. I was not happy. They did take some off the bill, but I will not be going back.

1  Thank Tami D
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Ambience was good with attractive surroundings.It was close to the hotel and easily accessible
Service was fair-
Food was overpriced , did not get value for price...Would probably try somewhere else next time.

1  Thank JudesGeorgia_USA
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Craving Red Beans and Rice durng my whirlwind 5-day trip to N'Awlins resulted in requesting same as an appetizer to share with my associate -- Not at all a Copeland Popeye dish - the Beans were Re-fried and the andouille was thinly sliced -- diminishing its taste. To boot - I wanted bread with my beans - I was served an order of bisquits that cost $1.50 extra.
My main dish was Shrimp Orleans -- SuPerB -- sauce was out of this world good!
My associate ordered Blackened Chicken -- came on a Bun with potatoe side.
Seated in the Bar because of its wonderful ambiance resulted in having bad, bad, poor, poor -- no good service!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We were a party of 11 today. We waited over an hour and a half to get a table. When the server took us to the table it was a seating for 6! At first she tried to squeeze us altogether in this tiny table. 4 of us decided to separate from our party. The server said we would have to put our names back on the list, instead of getting us another table. Putting our names back on the list meant more waiting time-as along as another hour! I will never go back to this restaurant.