“Unexpected Surprise”

Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
“Unexpected Surprise”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is one of our favorite restaurants and if you are lucky you will visit on one of the days they make their incredible six onion soup - it's wonderful creamy texture covered by an incredible puff pastry. The special this evening included something called chicken acropolis - a chicken breast on a bed of angel hair pasta covered in mozzarella and spinach and finished with the most incredible marinara sauce I have ever tasted. My wife agreed as she repeatedly dipped her pita bread into the sauce!

TIP - Always pick something off of the special board - our meal was 4 courses for $18.95 per diner that included soup, salad, entrée and dessert.

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moussaka is Delicious!!!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Went to eat with hopes to finally find a place to eat Greek food in the New Orleans and Metairie area where it's not run by Syrians or Lebonese pretenders.....FOUND IT!!!! This is good, cooked from scratch Greek food cooked by real Greeks. Gyros and Moussaka were really good!!!!
I'm Greek as well and loved the kind lady and food.
Opa!!!!

“Greek food at it best”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This small, and centrally located in the heart of Metairie, (on Vets by Cleary) is the best restaurant in the area the Gyros, pizza, Muzzaca or any other Greek food is well prepare, great tasting with a generous serving. The best Greek salad.

• Visited February 2014
Metairie
“Yes, Great Greek Food in Metairie”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We have been eating at the Acropolis from the time they started. Several of our friends had eaten there and told us to check it out. We did and have been eating there ever since. Everything we have tried we have really liked. We are continually surprised how their consistent quality never fails. It is a joy to relax and enjoy their restaurant and their hospitality We have introduced many others to the Acropolis. Try it once and you will be hooked.

• Visited November 2013
Fort Lauderdale
“Grubbing on Gyros!”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Since my stomach has constantly been telling me please get me a Gyro asap and Acropolis Cuisine has been known to dish out some tasty Greek cuisine (I have been told to dine her a couple of times), I went to check it out.

I was by myself and not in the mood to eat alone so I decided upon carryout. At some restaurants, carryout customer don't get the same level of service as dine in customers but that was not the case here. While waiting for my order and scoping out the scene, I could tell that it was a nice restaurant as appearances go and I would not hesitate to bring family or friends here.

The Gyro had good flavor but the meat, a combo of beef and lamb, was just a little too darn salty. The pita bread was good, the tomatoes and lettuce were fresh and the tzatziki sauce was tasty. It was piled with so much meat, unless you have a hefty appetite, you will have a hard time finishing it. Overall, it was delectable.

You have the option of steak fries or grilled vegetables as a side. I opted for the latter and really liked it. Whatever it is that they added to it, it was phenomenal!

I also ordered a Baklava to finish of my meal. It was delicious but super sweet. I could have done without all that honey but that is a typical Baklava addition. However, it was flaky, quality, and mmm mmm good.

• Visited October 2013