“authentic Japanese”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My son loves sushi and he really wanted to have some--though I wanmted Creole food since we were in New Orleans! But we went here and he really obed it. The fod looked very fresh, the staff was great and the prices were very reasonable. A great place for Japanese food near the Monteleone Hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2010

BUT, if you want it to go, you'll have to wait for them to make it ... they NEVER answer the phone - EVER!

Reviewed 12 November 2009

I do have to say that their snowcrab salad is quite good- loads of snowcrab with smelt roe served over a bed of sliced cucumber with a tangy vinegar dressing on the side. However the big problem came with the Spring Roll that I ordered today. It was quite large and looked great and the first few bites were pretty good. Until I found the giant black hair inside. That was the end of that meal and I have to say that with my weak stomach I don't think I can go back. A shame, because the service was always friendly and fast.

Reviewed 28 October 2008

Yummo! Sapporo is a family run Japanese restaurant with a wide variety of Sashimi, Sushi, Japanese Noodle dishes, ice cream, bubble teas... I've been eating there at least once a week for over a year and I never have had a bad meal. As for the gentlemen with the polystyrene concerns, they are great with customer service! Bring the issue to there attention and I'm sure it will be corrected!
They have some great new low carb choices, too! And don't forget to ask for the husband's special pepper sauce... fire hot! If you are looking for good sushi better then our local chains... try Sapporo!

Reviewed 11 August 2008

Although the food is not bad at Sapporo restaurant, the plates they used there (both for in-store use and take-out) are not intended for hot food. The plastic they use is Polystyrene (PS, with an imprinted number 6 on the bottom of the plate), which leachs styrene into food when holding hot food. Styrene is considered a possible human carcinogen.