“New GOOD Place in Fat City”

Akira Sushi and Hibachi
Ranked #125 of 520 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter had heard that there was a new Japanese place in Fat City, so we decided to try it out. I ordered Crab Rangoon as an appetizer and I think it's the best I've ever had. Well done, well presented and delicious. My daughter ordered the NY Queen sushi roll and it was also very well done. Looked great and tasted as good as it looked. Hibachi cook was entertaining and cooked the 5 different orders we had well, while doing so. Soup was well seasoned - and very tasty. Salad - well, not everything can be perfect . . . and I really didn't come for the salad. Atmosphere was excellent - it's a beautiful restaurant. The chairs around the Hibachi table were unusually comfortable. Service was excellent up until the meal was over - and then we sat for a while before having to ask for "to go" boxes and the check. Overall a pleasant experience. Yep, I'll be back.

2  Thank MAP12