“We Didn't Hate It”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Quarter View is a rather small, one-room restaurant, with a tight-fitting entrance/exit area. The service was okay, but it did take a bit too long for the meals to arrive. I had the Grilled Shrimp Plate with Spinach ($15.95), and my friends shared Captain Dan's Seafood Platter ($22.95). We thought the food was okay, but nothing that one would seek out or drive any distance to get. Our only real complaint was the $2.60 they charged for a small 8-oz. Styrofoam cup of Sprite for the child. We'd probably not recommend the place or return for a second visit. But, it is also not a place that one should avoid. RJT

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Owner is Steve Pardo and runs a great neighborhood restaurant. So good the his neighborhood has stretched to the whole area of Metairie. Everything is delicious. Boiled crawfish specials noticed on outdoor signs.

1  Thank Harold P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

we went here for my aunt b-day on Sunday about 3:30 it was a party of 22 and they could only do 3 separate checks. We have been here several times, however will NEVER go again. They only had 1 waiter (Shawn) trying to service the whole party. The serves was ok, the food was very good, however when we received our bill, we noticed that the Gratuity was 20% and the taxes was WAY higher than it should have been. We inquired about this with the server and was told "I don't control state taxes" After long hauling over this bill we finally figured out that they charged us 10.65% sales tax, which is totally illegal. Needless to say the proper authorities were contacted this morning and this place will be getting investigated. Oh also the air vents are horrible and look like they have not been cleaned in a while, condensation and dirt dropped from one of them into someone plate, when we told the waiter, all he said was "Oh you don't want it" The window seal is full of dead and buzzing flies as well. Authority was contacted about this as well. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS PLACE!!! They will try to over tax you and up the gratuity!!!

1  Thank Sequila
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The think the seafood was spoiled, but they serve it anyway?
When we told the server, they played it off, like nothing was wrong.

Will NOT be back

TM

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I visited this eatery June 28, 2014. The hostess didn't seem friendly at all when asking a server to seat me. It took my server, Lindsay a while to come over, but when she arrived she was nice and came back often. Lindsay was not the server that seated me, so perhaps she was not aware of my arrival. I ordered a Caesar Salad and five pounds of crawfish. The crawfish were very small, hard to peel, and seemed to not have been cooked properly. I had literally just had crawfish at a portable stand in Mississippi days before that were so large and easy to peel. I saw other great looking dishes other diners seemed to enjoy so I will return, but will never eat crawfish here again.

1  Thank M L