“Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa
“Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the only pizza that I will travel to buy for myself. They do not deliver. But again their pizza is better than the pizza companies that do deliver. Brooklyn has other items but I have never tried the other items because I like the pizzas so much. The pizzas that I order are very large, but I think they are too pricey. But then again I do like their pizza and if I want to buy it, it will be pricey.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Good, albeit sometimes with burnt crust, NY style pizza, but terrible service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Good, albeit sometimes with burnt crust, NY style pizza. Service is poor, and apparently a product of poor management. Hygiene is questionable as they put the pizza paddle above the oven in a dark space not easily cleaned, or do it SEEMS (my perception). Staff seem unprofessional in their dress.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Harahan, Louisiana
“Best Pizza in Greater New Orleans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you want authentic New York Pizza, this is the closest thing to it in the New Orleans area. With thin, foldable slices, fresh tasting cheese and a layer of grease glistening on top of the slice that makes health food nuts cringe... this place is AMAZING! I have NEVER been disappointed with their pizza and I am a dedicated pizza fanatic. The prices are a bit high, but its definitely worth it. Portions are decent though with large slice sizes to make it feel like more. No delivery service and borderline rude service make me want to give this place a 4, but the quality of the pizza just won't allow me to do it. Do yourself a favor and call ahead for takeout as they take a while to prepare your order.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“For a city that doesn't have great pizza, this place is pretty good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

One thing New Orleans doesn't have is great pizza. However, Brooklyn pizza is pretty decent given our options. The place is on Veterans near Clearview and is a bit of a pain to get to but pretty worth it if you're craving NY style pizza.

We usually like our pizza plain with just extra cheese but I have also had their pepperoni and a few of their specialty pies and their food has always been good. I am partial to the plain cheese but think it is the best in the city.

Reasonably priced and the pizza is always ready when they say it will be so that is a bonus.

• Visited December 2013
Fort Lauderdale
“Hello Brooklyn!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is New Orleans not New York which makes it a feat in itself to find good New York style pizza. Which brings me to this, Hello Brooklyn!

Brooklyn Pizzeria is a family business run by a transplanted New Yorker (we are off to a good start). I didn't dine in, but the setup is reminiscent of a typical NY pizzeria - basic table and chairs, lots of pics on the wall, menu board behind the counter and a condiments counter.

They sell pies (they are known as the "Home of the 20-inch pie"), along with sandwiches, pastas and desserts. I settled on two Slices (Pepperoni & Sausage). These slices are huge and by no means does one person have to order two, I just do greedy thing like that sometimes. I assume the slices come from their 20-inch pies.

I liked the pizza. The crust is thinner and crispier. The beauty of a crust like this, along with the large slices, meant that the pieces were begging to be folded when they were eaten, which I find actually enhances the taste. The sauce provided a good balance of sweet. The pepperoni was crispy, with a good amount of spice.

It was very good, and I’d definitely recommend it. Also for such large slices, this pizza is a very good value.

• Visited October 2013