“not what it used to be”
Review of Gennaro's Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gennaro's Bar
Ranked #266 of 525 Restaurants in Metairie
Reviewed 23 November 2009

when visiting new orleans, we liked to frequent gennaro's restaurant and bar... this year the place has changed and it's changed drastically, restaurant and food have declined. NO MORE SWEET POTATO FRIES OR ONION RINGS!!! On our visit to new orleans this year, we found gennaro's food, settings, and all around vibe had taken a turn and lost its charm. It doesn't have that new orleans feel or vibe any more. In a city with this magnitude of eatin' joints, we'll come across another place with character for sure!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 2 July 2008

My pepere raved about this place, probably because it was down the street. I don't know if I've eaten there. Great for St. Patty's Day!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 1 April 2008

Best place for breakfast, lunch, dinner and anything in between!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 12 February 2008

Going to the New Orleans area usually means having a good time, eating good food, and doing things you ordinarily would not do at home... You know, like girls raising their tops for plastic beads, getting drunk in public, and of course, singing Karaoke.

After doing all of the above in the French Quarter, we heard about a really kicking Karaoke club in Metairie, just outside of New Orleans. The place is GENNARO's bar. DJ Steve Knight does WAY MORE than the average singing venue. He plays a large variety of music selections, and actually plays personal "theme songs" for all of the singers.

GO WITH FRIENDS. It makes your singing experience much more fun. Great drinks at "way less" than the French Quarter clubs. Cool atmosphere with good bar staff, and everyone applaudes (whether you are good, or you suck {like me}).

The sound system was clean, crisp and powerful. They made me feel like one of the "regulars" while I was there.

I will definately go back to Gennaro's. Remember, you gotta rub the DJ's head for luck...

1  Thank JanellSexy88

Been to Gennaro's Bar? Share your experiences!