“Highly recommend, only minor drawbacks”

Residence Inn New Orleans Metairie
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Kansas City, Missouri
“Highly recommend, only minor drawbacks”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

This was an enjoyable hotel from which to visit New Orleans; only takes about 10 minutes to get downtown/French Quarter/Garden District. The staff was helpful, breakfast, room and amenities consistent with other Residence Inns we have stayed in.
My only reason for not giving this the absolute top rating is the fact that the internet access, both in the room and in the lounge (as well as on the one provided PC) was often horribly slow, reminding one of the old dial-up--that was quite frustrating at times.
Also, they serve the Hearth Room brand coffee at breakfast, which is a terrible coffee I have had at other hotels. Other than those two things I have only positive things to say about the hotel. It was quiet, accessible and generally an agreeable place to stay. It did seem a bit more expensive than other residence inns in other cities, even with my discount, but a better deal than many of the downtown hotels, especially if you need a suite for children.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TreschichommeKC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 8 May 2010

My wife and I are frequent visitors to New Orleans, usually staying with family there. This trip was with friends for a family gathering and the house was already filled with other family members, so we needed a hotel. The two-bedroom suite was ideal for our group. The bedrooms, each with a comfortable queen-sized bed, are separated by a living room (sound isulation from snorers and with a fold-out-sofa bed) and each has its own bath. The full kitchen has an ice maker in the refrigerator. Even on the first weekend of JazzFest, the rates were not increased.
The easily-accessible location along I-10 is close to shopping (including Lakeside Shopping Center), good restaurants that serve the local delicacies for which people flock to New Orleans, and the Morning Call -- for 24-hour beignets.
You can take your self-serve breakfast out to patio tables near the pool, thereby avoiding the crowded breakfast room.
Be sure to read information placed for you in your room. For example, bed linens are changed twice weekly during an extended stay, unless you ask for more frequent service.
We found this hotel to be ideal for this six-night stay, though it may not be ideal for tourists wanting the full New Orleans French Quarter experience.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Bergle
E. St. Louie
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Good hotel, good staff.

Very good comp breakfast.

We had a one bedroom suite that was very spacious.
Manager's Reception with comp beer and wine on Mon thru Thurs.

Manager

We

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I've stayed at this hotel may times over the years for business. Although the hotel is starting to show it's age in some spots they have updated the rooms and bedding and tv. Staff is always helpful and pleasant. Close to many restraunts and far away enough from the city and crime.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank familyoffive106
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My family of four stayed here for two nights over New Year's for Marriott Reward points. We would have paid $400 plus parking for the Residence Inn in the Warehouse District (still a long walk from the French Quarter) so this was a nice substitute and only a 10 minute drive to downtown New Orleans. The four of us fit comfortably into the one bedroom suite although I wish the one bathroom could have been accessed from the living area and not through the bedroom. Our bed and the pull-out sofa were very comfortable. My only complaint was the noise from the Cincinnati fans there for the Sugar Bowl, but luckily they weren't making any noise after they lost the game!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Podie
CO
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I'm a platinum Marriott member, I'm on the road 9 months of the year and stay in lots of Marriott's, never this one again!!

I'm beyond upset. Not only did I find an infestation, as evidenced by the adults I was able to find and kill, but the clerk tried to convince me I was wrong and they weren't bed bugs. Every reference I can find on google and extermination sites says these were bed bugs, based on location, size, appearance, and smell once opened. I took pictures, see below.

I will never stay here again. Oh, and I didn't mention all the black mold in the corners where the tub met the shower wall.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
12 Thank slocoach
Natick,Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My family stayed here for 3 nights and we all thought it was pretty nice. We had the 2 BR suite which sleeps 5. The room was spacious, clean, and the beds were good. The breakfast was included and it was very good, with a good selection. We used the outdoor pool a lot and it was nice and well maintained. However, in the morning, the towels weren't replenished until later in the morning. The parking lot was small and it fills up quickly at night. The location of the hotel was fine for visiting New Orleans, but a car is needed as there is not much within walking distance. We found the staff to be very professional and helpful.

Overall, I can recommend this hotel for a nice stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family