“The hotel was undergoing remodeling so some areas dusty...”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 1 August 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our first room was in the courtyard which is really cool but you should expect noise because it is a courtyard with a pool. The gates lock to the courtyard so it feels safer because the doors open to the courtyard. The bathrooms are nice. We visited for a basketball tournament. The first night we arrived we realized our bed was broken in the middle at 10 pm. We were put in a temporary room until the next morning and we were upgraded to a larger room. The hotel was undergoing renovations and they worked hard to keep the noise level down. I stayed in the main building and barely noticed any noise. They were quick to respond to any needs. The rooms were clean and updated. The towels were nice and soft. The breakfast was decent and included. The staff was friendly. With good service I was surprised when I called 30 minutes after leaving to them check the room my daughter stayed in for her shoes that she left under the bed. After several calls I did not receive a call back. A few days later I called the GM and spoke with him and he had someone check the room right away and called me back to rectify the situation. It was frustrating not being communicated with but Troy tried to make the situation right and apologized for the breakdown in communication with me. He also stated he was going to make sure this does not happen to anyone else, which made me happy. I would definitely give them another chance because the rest of my stay was great even with construction going on. It was convenient to the Convention Center, shopping, tours, and The French Quarters. I was afraid there was not enough parking but we came back late every night and there were still spaces left even with 3 or 4 different teams and a group of kids there for a conference.

Room Tip: If you want to be in the courtyard you can look out on the pool but just expect there to be noise wh...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you so much! I actually discussed your concerns this morning in our 9am meeting. I decided to use your negative experience and train my staff to ensure that we are putting our best foot forward. I am pleased that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was here for a Mission Trip from our church in Texas and we had 56 kids and adults. This hotel treated us fantastically and that is why our church chooses to use it each year. Their facilities are great, rooms comfortable and CLEAN, pool nice, safe, and the breakfast that is included is fantastic. They were doing some remodeling and I know they are making it even better. Yes, it is a drive into the French Quarter (20 min) but if you want a good deal and a safe location, this is your place.

Room Tip: We were right next to the pool and it was so easy to get in and out with it being a first floor room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased that you visit with us was stellar. We enjoying having your church here with us each year. The kids are so pleasant and fun to be around. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next year. See you soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Clean rooms, nice area, construction going on but that's not a bad thing great desk staff. I think the biggest problem with this hotel is the management. As I read reviews, I saw no microwaves and fridges manager said would be taken care of, that's been MONTHS ago. Saw the hotel was loud, manager never even acknowledged noise complaints in any comments before mine. This is a place for sleeping people there was a party going on EVERY NIGHT in the courtyard/pool area. I WILL NOT be returning! If you can't sleep then what is the point of staying there! Absolute WORST ramada I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: July 2014
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. Yes, we do not have Microwaves and Mini Fridges. We will have them at the end of the year when we complete the renovations. I must apologize that I did not make that clear in past reviews. As far as noise, we try to maintain a quiet environment. Should you experience any noise, we ask that you contact Guest Services so that we can handle the situation. Again, I do apologize if I did not answer that issue in past reviews. Here at Ramada Metairie, we try to ensure every guest has a great time while visiting us. While our hotel is primarily for resting, sometimes, the hotel may become the destination. Guest are allowed to hang out in the courtyard or pool area and visit with each other. We do ask that noise is kept to a minimum. Again, should the noise level become out of hand, we ask that you notify Guest Services so that our security team can handle the situation. Thank you for visiting.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We needed a place to leave our vehicle while we went on a cruise. This place offered a package to do so. They shuttle you to the cruise port but it is up to you to get back to the hotel after your cruise. The hotel was ok. We got a room facing the courtyard and pool. Kids are gonna be kids but it was pretty noisy. I think it closed at 9 pm though.There was a lot of construction going on. Room was alright but bathroom was very good. I mean to say it was large and updated. Breakfast was good. We did feel secure for us and our vehicle.

Room Tip: get a room in the main building or away from pool if noise bothers you
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe D
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for sharing. I am pleased that your visit with us was enjoyable. We do apologize for the construction. The good news is that we have almost complete with our lobby area. We hope that you will have another opportunity to visit us after our renovation is complete.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Room was nice, beds not comfortable & horrible, lumpy pillows. It is going through a remodel/update & if we had known that when booking, we wouldn't have stayed there. Couldn't use the computer at business center because of the remodel, painters everywhere. Some type of work being done near the pool. Part of the access was blocked. All the pretty plants in the hotel photo showing the pool are not there & fountain wasn't running.
We stayed four nights (we had booked & paid ahead online). There were always people in the courtyard below congregating in the evening - right below our room! They stayed out talking until 1-2am!!!! Needless to say, we didn't sleep well. People were always smoking in the courtyard area too & we had to walk past that to get to the lobby, breakfast area & our car. Also, after being gone all day our last day there, we get back & our room was never cleaned (beds not made, no fresh towels or new cups, etc).
After the remodel is done, it will probably be nice, but they really need to enforce a quiet time for guests. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for sharing. We are remodeling our hotel to make way for new and exciting amenities. We apologize that our appearance was not up to standard. We are in the process of replacing all our bedding as we speak. In our courtyard area, we will be placing a Veranda in the courtyard at the end of the pool area. Please note that the pool area was never closed as we are not renovating that area. We have added our renovation notice to Ramadametairie.com and our request is pending on Ramada.com. Again, we apologize for the experience and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I simply don't know how this hotel gets such great reviews. Yes, the staff at the front desk was nice, and I'm willing to over look the construction. But the whole place was, for lack of a better word, dumpy. On top of that, I never had a good feeling about staying there; I know that's slightly vague, but if you travel enough like I do, you'll know what I mean. In fact, this hotel was so bad that I was booked for two nights - but left for another hotel after the first. I'm sorry to bad mouth this place so much, but I cannot recommend staying here to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Troy_Aldrich, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans), responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your photos and experience. As we speak, we are remodeling our rooms. The pictures shown for a small area of caulking and rust on the door frame are all being repaired. As we move towards new and exciting things with our hotel, our rooms will have a make over. We hope that you will join us after we complete our exciting upgrade. Thanks for visiting.