“Very good airport hotel”

Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Austin, TX
“Very good airport hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I needed a quick overnight stay new the New Orleans airport for business. I was very wary of choosing a hote in this area, as many N.O. hotels I've stayed in are old and rundown. I chose the Holiday Inn because it had decent reviews, and the price was very reasonable. I find hotels near this airport incredibly overpriced. When I walked into the hotel, I was really impressed with the lobby and restaurant area - very clean and beautiful with modern decorations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hallway to my room did smell musty and old, but my room was clean, spacious and also had modern decor. The fitness room was adequately equipped, and as always, I appreciate the free Wi-Fi and complementary airport shuttle.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed one night here while transiting through New Orleans.
The locations is very handy for the airport as it only takes fifteen minutes to reach there by car.
Check in was quick and efficient.
I had a room on the third floor which was spacious, clean, cool and very tidy looking.
Fixtures and fittings were of good quality, the large king size bed was comfortable with fresh linen and the bathroom was clean with good quality towels. The bathroom may have been a bit small for some but as I was only there one night it was no problem for me.
The air conditioning was working well and quietly.

I ate in the restaurant in the evening, it was very quiet with less than six other people in there. Food was of acceptable quality and came within a reasonable amount of time.

All staff were friendly willing and able to assist when needed.
I was leaving very early the next morning however the hotel had prepared a breakfast box for me containing hot breakfast items, juice and coffee were also available.

So a quiet, comfortable stay with no problems.
Would stay here again if I needed to be close to the airport, however its quite a way from the popular areas such as Bourbon Street.

Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I'm here right now and I selected the Holiday due to location. It is an older property but is in good shape but it does smell musty. I have found several hotels in Metairie to be smelly so it may be due to the weather, but regardless it is bothersome.

My room was clean and well-appointed although missing a hairdryer. I called downstairs and they brought it right up. The bed has some kind of mattress pad on it which is lumpy but I still slept okay.

I had a ham and cheese po boy from room service which was very skimpy on the ham and cheese but the fries were good.

I am here on business and just needed somewhere to sleep, so this was fine for me and my budget. Service was good and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: If you are worried about road noise, get a high floor and you should be fine. I had a room on the f...
Garland, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2012

If your looking to stay near New Orleans but don't want to pay the higher prices of the French Quarter, this is a great little hotel. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and nice, and the price was good. The restaurant/bar on site had good food and reasonably priced. Cabs run about $23 to the Quarter so this can raise the price a bit, but we ride shared with other people to lower the cost.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I would like to commend Mya on giving "GOOD" customer service. When me and my roommate got to our room, there was only one bed and we were expecting double beds in the room. After we went to the desk, Mya immediately said, she can fix the problem. She did not hesitate in solving the problem. I was truly impressive with her. She was courtesy and very professional. Thanks Mya!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Where the Plane Lands
Reviewed 5 June 2012

When we first walked into our room, we noticed how small it was.... almost uncomfortably so. Upon placing our shirts on the rack in the closet, we heard a *thud* and the rack had come out of the wall.

We went back downstairs to the front desk and politely requested to be moved to a new room. The manager was extremely accommodating, and she upgraded us to a suite at no additional charge for the entire 5-day stay because of our Priority Club membership.

The suite was MUCH nicer and extremely spacious compared to the king-size room. The only drawback was the lack of counter space in the bathroom. Other than that, everything was pretty much perfect.

My only "bad" experience here was having the head of housekeeping come in the room while I was in the shower with the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. She explained that it's their policy to check and make sure the room is still occupied if the sign hasn't been removed within the last three days. Other than a minor startle, not really a big deal.

The fitness room is very spacious and the equipment is up to date. The wireless internet is EXTREMELY fast. If you're running an older laptop that doesn't have wireless access, the front desk provides a wireless bridge which allows the computer to connect to the WiFi network through the ethernet port. This allows you to connect to the internet anywhere in the hotel so long as you're near an electrical outlet.

The restaurant within the hotel is probably the best hotel restaurant we've ever had dinner at. The prime rib cheesesteak sandwich is beyond heaven and a must-order if you're planning on having dinner there. Plus, if you're a Priority Club member, they give you 25% off all food items and an extra 1,000 points the first time you eat there.

In all, this was a great hotel to stay at while in New Orleans. There are plenty of coupons to local attractions if you ask for them at the front desk.

Room Tip: I definitely recommend going for the suite if you're staying longer than a day or two; it's...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ZippyGlobetrotter
Wausau
Reviewed 3 June 2012

They are rentivating this place but they may have to change out some staff too. I stay at dozen of Holday Inn hotels but this place takes the award for poor sevice beyond all. After a long wait to check in I was then give a key to an occupied room. Nothing is worse than that as this is unexcusable. When I went to the new room I was surprised that there was someone in that room too. There was a service man working in the bathroom.

The only good thing was the location and a diner near by.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear QCWilly,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,