“Before Cruise stay”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Greenville, South Carolina
“Before Cruise stay”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

For an inexpensive Hotel this was more than adequate.

If your looking for the Ritz Carlton go there, this was clean, convenient, and the staff is exceptionally helpful, Friendly.

The Round House Rest. was amazing for a hotel rest. the food was inexpensive, very very tasty and they serve huge portions. I had the Oyster Poor Boy and could not finish it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank denrosesc
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for visiting us at the Holiday Inn Metairie and reviewing your stay. We greatly appreciate you mentioning the restaurant and the service you received.
I hope that you will again visit with us soon.
_Rick Engel, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, L
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Check-in was great, the receptionists seemed very nice.
We somehow we ended up with a suite, which was great.
They were also able to get us on the same floor with family members that we were visiting and booked under a different name.
The room seemed clean, until you look at the bottom of a white sock, or in our case a toddler's bare feet (see the picture). The carpet may have looked clean, but it was in fact filthy. A new pair of shoes with light grey soles, now BLACK. Countless pairs of white socks now black on the bottom due to the filthy floor.
While this may just be dirt, it indicates that the cleaning of these rooms is superficial, at best. The hotel really needs to employ some type of carpet shampooing rotation for the rooms.
We most likely will not stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
lbergeron3,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering the promise of an exceptional stay. Please give me a call for a proper apology and an opportunity to ensure you that you're important to us, my number is 504-373-5946. We take the comfort of our guests very seriously and hope you will be able to give us a second chance in the future. -Rick Engel, General Manager
Lafayette, LA
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My Son and Friends who are Platinum IHG Members and stay at IHG hotels every month went to the Voodoo festival for the weekend and left the room dirty but not damaged. After being gone for 30 minutes the hotel called them and told them they were charging them $250 in damages for damage done to the room. We (our family) stays in hotels altogether over 250 nights a year. We have over a million IHG points between the 4 of us. We have never damaged a room at any hotel chain and we belong to all of them. This is the first time this has ever happened. I have no clue as to if the Maid was pissed because they left the room a mess or what but they are not rock stars that damage rooms and they weren't brought up that way. I find this very disturbing that this would happen at one of our chain of hotels that we frequent quite often.

Room Tip: Don't go there and Piss them off they will damage the room and try to charge you for it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Hattershide66,
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience to your family. I would like to discuss this matter further with you, please call me at 504-373-5946. I hope to hear from you soon.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was one of the few hotels that offered a free shuttle from the airport. We called when we landed and they were there in about 20 minutes. The driver made an unexplained detour to the mall and waited for a bit, then continued to the airport. We would have asked him why - but he didnt speak english. Once at the hotel the smell of mold/mildew smacks you in the face as soon as you walk in the door. At check in we were told the room we reserved wasnt available and that they were sold out. That wasnt going to work and after about 15 minutes she "found" a room. The elevator was filthy and once up on the floor the smell of mildew was even stronger. The room itself was very small and dark and, of course, stank. The bed was fine but the bathroom was very old. They have made some attempts at a remodel but there was no way I was getting in the shower. We stayed elsewhere the rest of the trip.

The sole saving grace of the place is the restaurant. While breakfast is not included it was reasonably priced for 2 people. The food was typical hotel breakfast, nothing special. Hotel loyalty members get 25% off.

Room Tip: As far from the elevators as possible. They are very old and the "ding" is quite loud.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Jill H,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, it appears we really dropped the ball and did not deliver on our promise of an outstanding stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your experience.
I hope that you will give us a chance to apologize properly, and the ability to make it up to you by giving me a call at 504-373-5946. I want every guest to leave having an exceptional experience here at the Holiday Inn Metairie.

Walker, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a great hotel in an okay area of New Orleans. My wife and I were unable to book a hotel in the French quarter so we opted to stay here, It was less than a fifteen minute drive in so it was fine. This hotel is kept very well and the staff members we came into contact with were great. I would recommend this hotel to just about any type of traveler.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Donald A,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your romantic getaway and thankful we were part of it!
Thank you for recognizing the staff and cleanliness, and hope that you will enjoy the same next time you visit with us.

-Rick Engel, General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Listen, this is an OLD hotel that has been remolded.
BUT:
1. The halls smelled musty.
2. My bathroom smelled like urine.
3. My bathroom vent above the sink leaked.
4. My room was extremely small.
5. My coffee maker was missing.
6. Both elevators were dirty and the elevator door was filthy.
7. The noise from the freeway was sooooo loud...big big trucks pass that way and they honk

Now, with all that said,
1. The ladies at the counter were extremely nice and helpful.
2. The lobby was big and clean.

Therefore, the price of 175.00 per night was way too high for that hotel...but everything else was booked that week.
I am sorry but I can not give this hotel any thing more than an "AVERAGE".

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the causeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
swalkerd,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Your feedback has been shared with our staff members in recent meetings and your comments will only help us to improve. I hope that the service provided by our team will earn us another chance. Please let me know if there is anything I can do further by calling me, 504-373-5946.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked this hotel based on the fact they had a package deal that would allow us to park car there during cruise and shuttle service to and from cruise terminal for cruise. When we arrived we were very pleased with the facilities, staff etc. Restaurant located in bottom level of hotel had very good food and very reasonably priced as well. Extremely staff in restaurant and we ended up sitting for couple hours that night having drinks and talking with staff. Would recommend to anyone especially for those cruising out of New Orleans. Much better price than staying right downtown and very convient when leaving out after cruise as far as traffic.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe E
JoeE,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie. Thank you for leaving such a detailed description of the cruise package; surely it will help other cruise guests make the same decision.
Thank you for recognizing our team and the restaurant, I am happy to pass along the pat on the back.
We hope you will visit with us again,