“Does the job”

Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times with work, the hotel is clean and staff are friendly. Some of the rooms are starting to look tired, the toilet door does hit the toilet bowl in some room! The service in the restaurant is on the slow side, the food is standard fare but fine for a couple of days. They have a shuttle bus which, if available, will drop you somewhere local if you want to go. Really a run of the mill hotel but a pretty safe bet if you want a hassle free stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kickinaboot
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Kickinaboot

We thank your for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Metairie Airjport. We hope that you will come back and visit us real soon. As we know there is always room for improvement and we strive to make those improvements on a daily basis. Making our guest happy is our goal each day!

Thanks, Holiday Inn Metairie Airport

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here 3 nights. The rooms was clean and comfortabe. My wife loved the pillows. The front desk staff was friendly. Location was great if you are not looking to pay an arm and leg near the city center. Easy access from the freeway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travelbuddy81
HIMetairie, Sales Coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Travelbuddy81

We really appreciate you staying with us during your visit here in our city. I'm glad our staff was of great help to you. We hope that you visit us again in the future.

The Holiday Inn Metairie Airport

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My stay here started out ok. I agree with another reviewer who mentioned how busy the hotel is. If you didn't show up early enough in the evening, the whole parking lot was filled. The hotel management were extremely curtious and made sure I had everything I needed during my visit. What threw me off about this hotel is what I'll call the pretzel incident. I arrived with an open bag of honey twist pretzel sticks which I left on the desk and didn't touch again until after I became aware of the pretzel incident. One night climbing into bed I found crumbs and an entire pretzel twist on the floor between my bed and the bedside table (I was so perplexed and grossed out that I took pictures and maybe I'll post those later). I was discussing this with a coworker the next day. He thought maybe there was a rat who had gotten into the bag, however, I wasn't so sure about his theory, as the rat had somehow rolled the bag back up after it was done. That is one tidy and smart rat. I'm also betting that rat was very hungry. I left the rat a new, closed bag of snack mix the day I checked out. My pretzels went in garbage.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank quinnlavin
HIMetairie, sales coordinator at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Quinnlavin

We truly apologize for any inconvenience you experience here at the Holiday Inn. We appreciate your business and would like for you to visit us again!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was a busy hotel. People in and out constantly, plenty parking but fills up very quickly.
Front desk was accommodating and honored my "priority" status by giving me an earlier than normal check in. I was truly grateful. The restaurant food wasn't the greatest. The beds were comfortable but the shower was always backed up even though maintenance attempted to unclog the drain 2x. Management got involved and offered a day of refunded points for the inconvenience. Stayed 4 nights. Not really a stay to write home about. I didn't find any good restaurants in the area and had to drive 30 minutes to cracker barrel to find a decent breakfast. It was worth the trip compared to what I was getting in the area.

Room Tip: Less traffic higher up but I had the view of the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank geminilove
HIMetairie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear geminilove,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectation of an exceptional stay. If you would like to contact me at the hotel, I would like to find out how I can make it up to you. Again, thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how we are doing. Have a great day.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We have now used this hotel for their cruise package twice. Both times it was great and for the cost of a weeks worth of parking at the terminal this is a great deal...room with two drinks at the bar and free breakfast and transport to and from the cruise port...staff extremely friendly and provide great service and we highly recommend this goral for your trip to NOLA!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Roger47993
Rick E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Metairie New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Roger47993,
I am so happy that you decieded to come see us again and for letting us know how we are doing. I hope that you had a great trip and we hope to see you again. Have a great day.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

My main complaint with this place is that the carpets in the rooms are filthy. Walk around the room barefoot, and then step into the shower and you will see dirty foot prints.

There is no parking for large vehicles as in buses. And this being a hotel booked by college athletic conferences, this is not good.

Breakfast is a bit pricey at $14.08 for the buffet and coffee. Have I told you what you can get for less than that at a Cracker Barrel? And the table legs were not level causing it to rock back and forth and constantly splash coffee from the cup and make a mess.

Next trip to this area, I think I'll go down the block to other hotels to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank thgr8waldopepper

Dear thgr8waldopepper,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that your carpet was not clean and that the parking situation was not accomodating. I have addressed these issues with my staff to ensure we do a better job of meeting our guests needs. Again, I am so sorry that we did not meet your expecations and hope that you will give us another chance in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We booked here bc everything else in town was booked. It is easy to find and you can get downtown quickly. Staff was nice but they failed to clean our room 2 days in a row. First day we just rolled w it but the second time we called the front desk. They remedied right away but we had to hang downstairs while they cleaned. The manager bought us 2 drinks and really tried to smooth it over. We were fine. Just seems weird. Room is small compared to newer built hotels but clean. Only issue is lack of lighting. The place is dark! Kids eat free!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MemCer

Dear MemCer,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It appears there were a few issues with your stay and I wanted to personally apologize for the trouble. I hope that your next visit to the area will bring back to our hotel so we can prove to you that we really want to make all our guests stays a wonderful experience.