“Nice stay but awkward location.”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans Causeway
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. Ask for a copy of “Where” magazine. It has a very good map of the French Quarter in the back. Our room was spacious. It even had a closet. Everything in the room worked fine. The room had a microwave and a refrigerator, which were very handy. It also had an iron, ironing board and a hair dryer. The room seemed very clean, although my wife found a cockroach in a drawer when we packing to leave. We found the bed to be a softer than we were used to and woke up with backaches.

I am surprised by the reviews giving the location high marks. For me the location was the worst part of staying here. The motel is on a service street at an I-10 on ramp. Unless you are arriving from the south or leaving towards the east, it is extremely awkward and difficult getting to the motel. But then I found all of New Orleans very difficult to navigate. The traffic was terrible. Every time we went anywhere in the morning or evening the roads and interstate we packed bumper to bumper. It was like driving in Los Angeles.

This was our first trip to New Orleans. We stayed a few miles out of town to save money on lodging. Because of the traffic and difficult roads, I think it would be worth the extra expense to get a room right in the French Quarter. You won’t have to drive or find parking and be more able to enjoy this area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Jonesville, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was very satisfied with this hotel. I chose this hotel for its location. My daughter had eye surgery and this hotel was less than 2 miles away. It was necessary for her to lay down after the eye surgery and we were able to get into our room before the official check-in time. I also checked the previous reviews for comfort. I have to agree that the beds were clean (the whole room and bathroom was clean) and very comfortable. I would (and will) recommend this hotel to my friends and family. I will stay here again when I return to New Orleans.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My fiancé and I booked a room here because it was the only location we could find vacancies due to the saints game. I called them in advanced to inform them that we would not arrive until 8 pm. The rep informed me that she would notate my account and I won't have a problem when I arrived. Needless to say he arrived and our room was given to someone else. The location was scary driving up so I was actually relieved we didn't have to stay there. The hotel looks really old and the pics on the website are deceiving. We left, drove around and found a Ramada Inn that had one room left(luck). Very nice location and the room was great. Staff wonderful. Don't waste your time or money here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elonnj
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Spent 3 nights while visiting New Orleans. This is a very good lodging choice for this area. I have always had great luck with La Quinta. Luckily, this location was great. Prior, I had not read any reviews about it on Tripadvisor. I made my decision to stay here based on the free state travel book for LA that I got from my AAA. I am learning to trust AAA. I got a AAA discount. The a.c. worked great. Some people may think these a.c. units sound loud. Actually, I think it is a relaxing way to drown out husband's snoring! Our room was on ground floor. We were able to park just outside of our room. We were in a non-smoking room. My husband was able to just step outside and smoke by our car in parking lot. I was surprised at how easy it was getting back and forth from hotel into heart of New Orleans. This place was easy to find. Plenty of parking. Room was clean upon arrival, and cleaned every day we were there. The staff at this location are VERY friendly. I only wish that the rooms could be bigger in size. 2 beds and lots of luggage... WIFI worked great. Breakfast was fine. Again, staff really friendly and helpful. There is a nice pool, but we did not have time to use it.
Here is something to gamble with.. there is a dated looking diner on the other side of the parking lot. It looks kind of shady on the outside and inside. I was there a couple of times during our visit. I'd only go bc of it's convenient location. It is under-staffed, kind of loud and not very clean. Instead, go to motel lobby and ask them for directions to easily get on the main road and there are tons and tons restaurants etc. This is not really a family diner.
Another tip- ask to see your room before you pay. Again, I really like this hotel and would want to stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor, pool side. Then you can be convenient to everything as well as able to keep an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2013

stayed two days. My beds in the room had springs coming out of the mattress and the bed folded when you laid on it. The room was never cleaned sheets never changed ever though card was on bed. Staff acted like they did not care what so ever about it. I travel 9 months out of the year will never stay at LA Quinta again. Now to find a new hotel chain for my company.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Please check your room for mold before you stay here. We were on the first floor because of our dog. Ours room had a closet that we couldn't use (or open) because of the moldy smell. Remember Katrina? We felt badly leaving our dog there while we took a bus tour of New Orleans. There is a beautiful dog park a few miles away so, we took him there and got him some fresh air after.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple