“PERFECT FOR THE MONEY !!”

La Quinta Inn New Orleans Veterans / Metairie
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Mount Pleasant, Texas, USA
“PERFECT FOR THE MONEY !!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

JUST SEE FOR YOURSELF, and GIVE THEM A CHANCE! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
If you want ''New'' or ''Large'', go somewhere else! If you don't like a motel, tell the staff and give them a chance to 'fix it' before you write a bad post!!

You can see by my photo that I have a motor home and I could have chosen to drive it here and have my own place to sleep. Motor homes cost more in gas, so I chose to drive my car, and find a good, nice motel room for less!! THIS IS IT!

If you expect an older building to produce an 'excellent & luxurious' place for you to stay, you should just move on down the road and pay more for what you want.

I wanted a clean, well-kept room for a low price. I wanted to park outside the door of my room so that I could keep an eye on my car and it's contents. I was only going to arrive late, 'sleep',and leave at leisure, so I didn't want to spend much money. THIS WAS THE PLACE!

I like to think I have found the 'hidden gem' when I got traveling! I also like to save money, but get a value comparable to what I spend! THIS IS IT !!

I saw the bad reviews from others, ......but I like to make my own decisions!! I like to judge for myself!! I don't require a spacious room and an 'almost new' motel room to get a good night's sleep, but I like La Quinta, so I searched for one of their less expensive motels. I had a choice of 3 different hotels in Baton Rouge, and I chose the less expensive!! I got EXACTLY what I expected, plus more!!!

I am well aware that people/TRAVELERS are usually grouchy, tired, and hard-to-please after a long day on the road. You GET what you PAY for, in almost any motel, independent or chain owned.

I also know many people that think every single La Quinta will look exactly alike, so they think they will find a $159 room for a 'cheap' price. Rent an expensive motel, then complain if you don't get what you expected. Rent an inexpensive motel, save some money, and get a good night's sleep! YOUR Choice!!

I stayed in THIS MOTEL LAST NIGHT!! The front desk lady was quite nice, and let me change my room preference to get a room where parking was available right at my front door!! Yes, the room was smaller than usual, but I was getting a real bargain price, and I was only sleeping there, .......so no problem! The bed was plush, and 'up to par' with all other La Quinta motels, with 3 pillows per person!

The sheets were crisp, the carpet was clean, and the large TV was really nice! The bathroom was spotless, and what others thought might be mold was NOT present in my room. There was every single feature available in my room as all other La Quinta motels. THERE WERE NO BUGS!
This is my second night here, and I'm HERE right now, looking around my room!! I just left the motel in Baton Rouge, and came here to spend the night!! I personally love the smaller rooms, and the feel of an older motel!

The man at 'check-in' helped me with free maps and sight-seeing ideas. Twenty minutes after check-in, a lady called to see if I was happy with my room! I didn't want to be disturbed for 2 days, so they brought me extra towels and coffee immediately! I stepped out the front door afterwards and had a big dinner at Denny's next door!

This motel is older. This motel has smaller rooms. The breakfast was smaller than other motels, but there was something for everyone. The employees were very friendly, nice, and cooperative. The room was clean and odor-free. The bathroom was spotless. You get what you pay for, so if you can't get comfortable in an older motel with smaller rooms, .........go somewhere else and spend more money!!

If you want to save money and still have dependable quality, stay here. It's a VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY!!. ......unless you are only interested in status!! I prefer quality!

Room Tip: Go next door to Denny's for a late night snack or to the service station on the corner for colas...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

1 Thank txbx75456

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel was a great location for what we wanted to do in New Orleans and the area. The room was clean and the bed provided a great night's sleep. We were located at the backside of the hotel so there was very minimal noise from traffic. Breakfast was typical, area kept cleaned and well stocked. Could have used a few more tables but everyone accommodated others so it worked out fine. Would stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Charlotte
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Where to Start:

*Checkin folks unfriendly and would not talk to me about changing rooms.
*Walkways are filthy...I would not let maid service in because they would drag more dirt in than they took out. Put my own trash out and retrieved my own new set of towels.
*Smokers were everywhere, cigarette and cigar, right outside my room...forget a Non Smoking anything.
*Highway noise is constant 24/7 and spent many sleepless nights with TV and AC on to not hear it.
*AC was weak and only worked about half the time.
*Elevator so nasty that it was safer to take the stairs.
*No Fitness Center, Pool is right beside the highway and trash everywhere on the grounds.
*Maid Service folks yelled right outside the door morning and afternoon into early evening.
*Room, damp and musty...smelled of wet sweaty feet. Bed ok, TV saved me some sleep.
*Breakfast...marginal, needs more variety. Coffee was good!

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that is here on business or pleasure unless your looking for a place to trash because you wouldn't have to work to hard.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business