“Amazing customer service”

Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We arrived very early around 4 AM after a flight delay. We were supposed to arrive at midnight so I called ahead to let them know. The lady at the front desk assured me everything would be fine and not to worry. Carla the security guard checked us in and she was very friendly and helpful. She made sure we found our room okay knowing how exhausted we were. The room itself was basic, but had a full size refrigerator and a stove. It would be perfect for a longer stay and considerably more affordable than staying in New Orleans. The hotel is ten minutes from the airport. Someone who prefers upscale hotels would be very unhappy here, but if you're just looking for a cheap place to sleep that is air conditioned and clean, this is the place. I would stay again. The best thing about Metairie is that it is close to New Orleans. Thanks Carla for a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities here at Extended stay, as well as the close proximity to downtown New Orleans. Also, I am so pleased to read that our staff provided you with such great customer service; it is so rewarding!

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Good customer service, the Front Desk lady (Monique) was really nice and helpfull. I checked in like at 3 a.m. after having a terrible service at another hotel and had a 10 hour drive . I got to say that my family and I were pleased by the stay. The hotel looks great, everything was clean!! We really liked it, and next time we will be at Metairie, LA will stay here at this hotel. Thanks!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Annette - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay and our staff, especially Monique. It pleases me to know that we were able to take such great care of you.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I will start off with the good, the staff was very nice and helpful. Unfortunately that did not make up for the fact that if you forget any toiletries outside of toothpaste they have none provided and there is no store within walking distance. When I took a shower or washed my hands I was never able to get the water to go beyond warm, which was horrible because I really enjoy the hot showers you can normally take at hotels. Also the a/c in the room automatically shuts off after 5 minutes making it very difficult to keep the room consistently cool. The water and a/c issues were real downers on my week long vacation in New Orleans as those are the 2 things I normally look forward to when staying in a hotel, a hot shower and cold room to sleep in. I do not recommend staying here unfortunately, it is slightly cheaper than the surrounding hotels but you pay for that savings in sacrificing hot water and a cool room.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We value the kind comments about how nice and helpful the entire staff was during your stay; however, we apologize that our amenities policy was not conveyed to you properly at check-in. While we do not provide any in guest rooms, we do have some located at the front desk which can be provided upon request. As well, I am sorry that the A/C and hot water in your room were not working properly. To uphold our company's high standards, we are working to address these issues to ensure they are not repeated moving forward.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nom@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay that lasted 2 months as I relocated to the New Orleans area. Discounted rate after 30 days made it very affordable compared to any alternative. Stayed on the first floor, and the hotel was very clean and comfortable. Looked like it was just painted and new fixtures installed. Morning "grab-n-go" breakfast was always ready by 6 a.m. and was enough for me. There is an iHOP next door if I wanted more, plus there were plenty of other restaurants within a 2-mile radius of the hotel to eat out for any meal. Grocery stores within 1 mile of the hotel so I used the room kitchen quite often too. I always felt safe when i would take a walk around the hotel. Room cleaning was weekly, and the staff even washed my dishes.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Jeff - Thank you for your review. It is very rewarding to read that you truly enjoyed your 2-month stay with us. It was a pleasure having you onsite as you relocated to the area from New Orleans. We look forward to doing so again in the future, should you need a place to stay once more.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed there recently in a group, but I was not part of choosing our accommodations. This hotel is a place to put your head down, but not much else. The beds couldn't have been harder, there is no pool or fitness facility, and the "grab and go" breakfast wasn't much more than coffee and granola bars or fruit. The hotel was convenient to downtown NOLA, so that's why it got 3 out of 5.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you so very much for your recent review of Extended Stay America New Orleans Metairie location. We would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write things about your experience and believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. It's disgusting. There is a bed bug infestation in MANY of the rooms. We had a group stay here - and more than half of the people who stayed were covered in bites from the first night. They will tell you that they have replaced all the mattresses - but it is not true. Pick up the sheets and check for the tiny tick-lick bugs, and you'll also see the stains from disgusting, old, dirty mattresses.

Besides the dangerous infestation, the blankets on the bed were COVERED in hair, the bathtubs were dirty and also had hair in it. There was NO HOT WATER, only tepid, lukewarm water at best.

Also - there are very dangerous looking characters staying there; it looked and sounded like a group of meth dealers were having a party in the room across the hall from me.

Also - there are NO amenities. NO gym. No food. No housekeeping. And no where to eat near by.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
15  Thank Missbreakfast
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Reservation given to manager over phone wasn't entered in system.We were lucky front desk was able to squeeze us in. Property has just been remodeled so it looks good, rooms are nice. Bathroom wasn't cleaned properly. This chain expects you to have everything yourself, shampoo, hair dryer, breakfast, none of which are supplied unless you ask for them. Housekeeping schedule is like once a week unless room turns over. We were fortunate to receive a touch up during our two day stay. If you are road warrior and carry your own supplies then for the money its a great place. For a family on a weekend, keep your expectations in check. We paid a lower rate than other hotels in the area, and got what we paid for. When available area rooms or budget is tight, its a good place to stay. If you can pay $15-20 more for another hotel, I would suggest staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: There is no pool or continental breakfast here. Just coffee and cereal bars.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our Extended Stay America New Orleans Metairie location. Please allow us to apologize for the incoveniences you encountered with your reservation and with the amenities provided during your stay. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays and hope for the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again in the future. Please don't hesitate to call on us here or at any other Extended Stay America location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Metairie (New Orleans)
La Quinta Inn New Orleans Causeway
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 23 in Metairie
Wyndham Garden New Orleans Airport
Best Western Plus Landmark Hotel & Suites

Been to Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie? Share your experiences!