Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
House Springs, Missouri
“wonderful!”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My company has put me at ESA twice. Once in Seattle, once in Metarie. No contest. I was at each of them for two months so had plenty of time to compare. The one in Seattle was fine but the one in Metarie, Louisiana is awesome! Everyone from the groundskeepers, to the desk staff, to the housekeeping staff and the manager are committed to great service. Everyone learned my name quickly and used it every time they saw me. The desk staff was friendly and helpful at all times. They were knowledgeable about local attractions and amenities. The bed was super comfortable, the laundry area was always in good repair and tidy. It was a great experience and I would stay there any time.

Room Tip: I stayed in a handicap accessible room which didn't have as much counter space as the normal roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our staff provided you with such great service and a warm welcome. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room, our onsite laundry facilities and the hotel's location. We are so glad that you would stay with us any time because of these amenities!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The location was good, close to I-10..convenient to downtown. It was fairly close to restuarants, shops & grocery stores if needed. It was interesting the desk hours were only until 11 pm. Not sure what would have happen if we needed assistance after hours. Because it is an extended stay I did not realize if you are staying less than 7 days, your stay does not include housekeeping. So that meant walking down to the desk if we needed fresh towels, etc. The water pressure is low and it took a while for the water to get hot. Its great place for a family traveling and planning to stay for a week or more. Its not really worth the $$ for weekend traveler(s).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the low water pressure during your stay. We are looking into this matter and will make repairs as needed. Still, we are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with great customer service and a clean room.

california
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We arrived very early around 4 AM after a flight delay. We were supposed to arrive at midnight so I called ahead to let them know. The lady at the front desk assured me everything would be fine and not to worry. Carla the security guard checked us in and she was very friendly and helpful. She made sure we found our room okay knowing how exhausted we were. The room itself was basic, but had a full size refrigerator and a stove. It would be perfect for a longer stay and considerably more affordable than staying in New Orleans. The hotel is ten minutes from the airport. Someone who prefers upscale hotels would be very unhappy here, but if you're just looking for a cheap place to sleep that is air conditioned and clean, this is the place. I would stay again. The best thing about Metairie is that it is close to New Orleans. Thanks Carla for a great experience!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the amenities here at Extended stay, as well as the close proximity to downtown New Orleans. Also, I am so pleased to read that our staff provided you with such great customer service; it is so rewarding!

Dallas
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Good customer service, the Front Desk lady (Monique) was really nice and helpfull. I checked in like at 3 a.m. after having a terrible service at another hotel and had a 10 hour drive . I got to say that my family and I were pleased by the stay. The hotel looks great, everything was clean!! We really liked it, and next time we will be at Metairie, LA will stay here at this hotel. Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Annette - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding your stay and our staff, especially Monique. It pleases me to know that we were able to take such great care of you.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I will start off with the good, the staff was very nice and helpful. Unfortunately that did not make up for the fact that if you forget any toiletries outside of toothpaste they have none provided and there is no store within walking distance. When I took a shower or washed my hands I was never able to get the water to go beyond warm, which was horrible because I really enjoy the hot showers you can normally take at hotels. Also the a/c in the room automatically shuts off after 5 minutes making it very difficult to keep the room consistently cool. The water and a/c issues were real downers on my week long vacation in New Orleans as those are the 2 things I normally look forward to when staying in a hotel, a hot shower and cold room to sleep in. I do not recommend staying here unfortunately, it is slightly cheaper than the surrounding hotels but you pay for that savings in sacrificing hot water and a cool room.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We value the kind comments about how nice and helpful the entire staff was during your stay; however, we apologize that our amenities policy was not conveyed to you properly at check-in. While we do not provide any in guest rooms, we do have some located at the front desk which can be provided upon request. As well, I am sorry that the A/C and hot water in your room were not working properly. To uphold our company's high standards, we are working to address these issues to ensure they are not repeated moving forward.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nom@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Prairieville, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay that lasted 2 months as I relocated to the New Orleans area. Discounted rate after 30 days made it very affordable compared to any alternative. Stayed on the first floor, and the hotel was very clean and comfortable. Looked like it was just painted and new fixtures installed. Morning "grab-n-go" breakfast was always ready by 6 a.m. and was enough for me. There is an iHOP next door if I wanted more, plus there were plenty of other restaurants within a 2-mile radius of the hotel to eat out for any meal. Grocery stores within 1 mile of the hotel so I used the room kitchen quite often too. I always felt safe when i would take a walk around the hotel. Room cleaning was weekly, and the staff even washed my dishes.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Jeff - Thank you for your review. It is very rewarding to read that you truly enjoyed your 2-month stay with us. It was a pleasure having you onsite as you relocated to the area from New Orleans. We look forward to doing so again in the future, should you need a place to stay once more.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed there recently in a group, but I was not part of choosing our accommodations. This hotel is a place to put your head down, but not much else. The beds couldn't have been harder, there is no pool or fitness facility, and the "grab and go" breakfast wasn't much more than coffee and granola bars or fruit. The hotel was convenient to downtown NOLA, so that's why it got 3 out of 5.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Scott M, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you so very much for your recent review of Extended Stay America New Orleans Metairie location. We would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write things about your experience and believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, the entire staff at our hotel would like to thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on us for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay America location.