“Seemed like a good choice but things aren't always as they seem!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie

Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Traverse City, Michigan
“Seemed like a good choice but things aren't always as they seem!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I had business south of Metairie Louisiana and didn't want to bring my wife down to the bayou so i decided Metairie was perfect. I had stayed at Extended Stay Americas before in Indiana and Tennesssee and was always very happy. She had never stayed at one and i assured her of how NICE they were..whoops. After checking in we observed that this place was not very clean and had a bunch of beer drinking pipeline workers wandering all over the building. We were told that breakfast was set out at 6am so we turned in for the night hearing drunken babble in the hallway until past midnight. Morning came and we went down for the (breakfast) and found it to consist of watered down coffee,rotten apples and oranges and out of date oatmeal and oatmeal bars. I was more than disappointed and told the lady working behind the counter "the oatmeal bars are stale and three months expired" she told me that was impossible and that they were new. I grabbed a handful of them and showed her the Dec 13 exp date and this being Feb 26 14 that meant they were old. She remained adamant that i was wrong despite the date on the package and started pulling out paperwork to show me they were new..SERIOUSLY!!!! I told her i was going to work and she was wrong and i could hear her mumbling about me as i walked out the door. This place after further examination is one of the filthiest and unmanaged places we have ever stayed and other than Donna the afternoon desk clerk had an extremely rude staff. We will NEVER stay at one of these again and hope this review helps anyone from having our experience. There were some highpoints in Metairie (see our review of Ron's Gumbo stop) thank you!! David M

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dave M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful. I stayed for 5 nights. I had free parking. It met my needs for the stay. They fulfilled my request of a special room. However, there was animal hair on the carpet which affected my and my child's allergies. There were men that sat outside the back door occasionally which made me feel uncomfortable when entering/exiting the building. It took a little while to get hot water, but it was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly during your stay with us. As well, I am happy that your free parking met your travel needs. Still, I apologize for the animal hair you found in your room upon arrival. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure this problem does not occur in the future. As well, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in regards to the individuals gathered outside of our hotel. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continuously strive to improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Maid servuc poor at best clean sheets and a run through everything else. No dusting or cleaning of kitchen area. Bathroom never cleaned or replenished right. constantly having to complain to front desk.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chuck D
Chuck – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with our housekeeping staff and we are taking steps to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at nom@extendedstay.com. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Winnsboro, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Have been here for 7 days and couldn't ask for more.The entire staff went out of their way too make sure i got what i needed too have a nice stay. the room was spotless bed slept like a dream.can't ask for better for the price thanks everone at extended stat Metarie. James Spicer

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am thrilled that our team was able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay at a great value. We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Mingo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel I stayed in for 7 nights October 2013 and it was a wonderful experience. I got the room for 89.00 dollars a night, free parking and less than 15 minutes by car to New Orleans city center. The rooms were clean overall and the kitchenette a plus. The hotel was quiet and the staff very nice. The food for breakfast nice as I want to eat in the city when I am in New Orleans anyway. My car was safe and parking was free. Will stay there over and over! And I go to NOLA twice a year.

• Stayed October 2013
House Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

My company has put me at ESA twice. Once in Seattle, once in Metarie. No contest. I was at each of them for two months so had plenty of time to compare. The one in Seattle was fine but the one in Metarie, Louisiana is awesome! Everyone from the groundskeepers, to the desk staff, to the housekeeping staff and the manager are committed to great service. Everyone learned my name quickly and used it every time they saw me. The desk staff was friendly and helpful at all times. They were knowledgeable about local attractions and amenities. The bed was super comfortable, the laundry area was always in good repair and tidy. It was a great experience and I would stay there any time.

Room Tip: I stayed in a handicap accessible room which didn't have as much counter space as the normal roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that our staff provided you with such great service and a warm welcome. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room, our onsite laundry facilities and the hotel's location. We are so glad that you would stay with us any time because of these amenities!

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The location was good, close to I-10..convenient to downtown. It was fairly close to restuarants, shops & grocery stores if needed. It was interesting the desk hours were only until 11 pm. Not sure what would have happen if we needed assistance after hours. Because it is an extended stay I did not realize if you are staying less than 7 days, your stay does not include housekeeping. So that meant walking down to the desk if we needed fresh towels, etc. The water pressure is low and it took a while for the water to get hot. Its great place for a family traveling and planning to stay for a week or more. Its not really worth the $$ for weekend traveler(s).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the low water pressure during your stay. We are looking into this matter and will make repairs as needed. Still, we are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with great customer service and a clean room.