“Would stay here again”

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Florida
“Would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this extended stay from 4/6 - 4/11. We went to LA to visit with an Army friend my hubby hadn't seen in 46 years and to sightsee in the French Quarter. We were received by Donna, a very nice, polite young lady. She was very friendly. We wanted a room on the 1st floor and took the only one available. Understand this is an extended stay, we have stayed at the Wyndham and have encountered more problems than we did here paying much more for less days. The room was good, the sink drains in bathroom and kitchen went down slowly, but we didn't see anything to report there. We did have hot water, it took a while to heat, but that was not a big deal. The refrigerator was great, we didn't use the stove nor microwave as we left very early each day and came back just to lay back and watch tv or be online. Its conveniently located 15 minutes from the French Quarter so we didn't use our car and just took a taxi to avoid having to look for parking. You have to take out your own garbage, that is true of every extended stay, and I don't see it to be a big deal. My husband threw our car keys away in the dumpster as he was throwing away the garbage and I went to the front desk and they sent a very nice young man out to retrieve them. TV and internet connections were good. The staff we encountered were very friendly. The rooms are comfortable. We had a great time and we didn't see anything wrong with the room. I rated as very good because the shower floor could be cleaned a bit better and we spent 2 days killing moths, which again was no biggie. Would we stay there again? We definitely would and will. Like I said at the beginning, we travel a bit and have stayed in pricier places with way worse results than we received at this Extended stay. We recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank soryandlarry
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very poor Quality Hotel for the price. The water in the shower gets at most warm, Never hot. Any problem you have with the room (ie clogged toilet, warm a/c, or leaky fridge) you are almost forced to just deal with it. Horrible selection of tv channels. Lack of storage space. There are other hotels in the area that are nicer for a cheaper price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason L
Jason - I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol so that this issues does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our TV channel line-up and storage space is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, nom2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Mary Esther, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here from November 2013 thru January 2014. Extremely helpful and professional staff. Any little issue that arose was handled quickly and cheerfuly by the staff. Nice comfortable rooms. Plenty of hot water, a little slow to start but got hot. Thanks Mandy, Dwayne and Carlette for your restaurant advice and making me feel at home. I will stay here again on my next visit.
Winfred A. Dogan

• Stayed November 2013
DeLand, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We went to New Orleans just for the weekend. We arrived at this hotel and we had driven 8 hours and we had arrived just about an hour before check in time. They did not have a room ready, which I understood because it was 1 hour before check in. I was a little surprised at the lack of house cleaning staff though since the hotel desk clerk appeared to be vacuuming out rooms and carrying linens to the rooms. When we finally were checked in, the room (even though it was non smoking) had an odor of cigarettes and stale cooked food. The beds were made and linens appeared to be clean. The restroom was very outdated, yet looked clean. This place was good for 1 or 2 nights, but I would not suggest an extended stay here.

• Stayed March 2014
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

First off let me start by saying I was upset with priceline.com for booking this hotel., I wanted something like the Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn but I got The Extended Stay America in stead., now back to my stay., The Hotel was beautiful very well kept quite., so convenient to just about any and everything you want., best of all I-Hop directly across the street.

The STAFF was very professional and friendly., and Mr. DWAYNE I WANT TO PERSONAL Thank you for your help in helping me and my significant other with some great advice on where to find some good Louisiana food., there's one particular restaurant he recommended for us to try out and let me tell you OMG delicious from beginning to the end. ! New Orleans Food and Spirits!!!

Room Tip: Don't let the 2star rating decided for you this hotel was worth every penny and very affordable
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Sabrina - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel and services. It is also very rewarding to hear you had a memorable birthday trip with us. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Thank you to Donna at the front desk for helping fix a reservation mix up. I reserved a room for my brothers family and the reservation was for one bed but they needed two. Donna corrected this even though it was my fault. My brother said the room was bigger and nicer than he thought it would be and enjoyed their stay. The hotel is very convenient to I-10 which makes it great for travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to hear that Donna was able to assist you in correcting your reservation. She was very pleased to receive your kind remarks. As well, I’m glad that you found our location to be convenient. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Greenbrier, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for over a week on business. Hotel was very clean. Bed was comfy. Staff was polite and friendly.
Nice little bar/grill behind the hotel that had decent food.
Parking was easy even with my big truck.
I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, polite staff and our free parking. As well, I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.