“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Given all the negative online reviews, I was reluctant to stay here. However, having stayed there I can state with confidence that those negative comments are unfounded. The hotel and room was clean and the staff was great. There was plenty of hot water. Rooms have been completely renovated. Hotel access is very easy being at IH-10 and Causeway Blvd. Many nice restaurants in the nearby area. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Josephers
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, the service our staff provided, and our hotel's location. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed on 3rd for and when we walked in our room we said WOW! Didn't expect that it would look so nice and clean. The lady that check us in I think Catletta was great and very professional! She smiled while checking us in. We don't get that at the Ramada! She seen us get off the elevator and ask how was everything we our room, my husband was impressed. Sunday the trash room was full of trash and should have been taken out. Overall I would recommend and stay again. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was our second stay at an Extended Stay America and the first time at this location. We chose this hotel because we like having the kitchenette, the price was more reasonable than downtown New Orleans and it has free parking. The front desk staff was pleasant, the room was clean but we did have odor issues. The floor was supposed to be non-smoking but obviously some of the other people staying there didn't follow that. The wifi speed was on the slow side as we chose not to upgrade ($) to the faster speed so we could not watch Netflix. The location is about half way between the airport and New Orleans and it was an easy 15 minute drive to get into the city. There is a mall a few minutes from the hotel and a couple of different areas that have restaurants. It is a decent place to stay but nothing fancy.

Room Tip: Away from the highway.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this extended stay from 4/6 - 4/11. We went to LA to visit with an Army friend my hubby hadn't seen in 46 years and to sightsee in the French Quarter. We were received by Donna, a very nice, polite young lady. She was very friendly. We wanted a room on the 1st floor and took the only one available. Understand this is an extended stay, we have stayed at the Wyndham and have encountered more problems than we did here paying much more for less days. The room was good, the sink drains in bathroom and kitchen went down slowly, but we didn't see anything to report there. We did have hot water, it took a while to heat, but that was not a big deal. The refrigerator was great, we didn't use the stove nor microwave as we left very early each day and came back just to lay back and watch tv or be online. Its conveniently located 15 minutes from the French Quarter so we didn't use our car and just took a taxi to avoid having to look for parking. You have to take out your own garbage, that is true of every extended stay, and I don't see it to be a big deal. My husband threw our car keys away in the dumpster as he was throwing away the garbage and I went to the front desk and they sent a very nice young man out to retrieve them. TV and internet connections were good. The staff we encountered were very friendly. The rooms are comfortable. We had a great time and we didn't see anything wrong with the room. I rated as very good because the shower floor could be cleaned a bit better and we spent 2 days killing moths, which again was no biggie. Would we stay there again? We definitely would and will. Like I said at the beginning, we travel a bit and have stayed in pricier places with way worse results than we received at this Extended stay. We recommend it.

1 Thank soryandlarry
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Metairie, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very poor Quality Hotel for the price. The water in the shower gets at most warm, Never hot. Any problem you have with the room (ie clogged toilet, warm a/c, or leaky fridge) you are almost forced to just deal with it. Horrible selection of tv channels. Lack of storage space. There are other hotels in the area that are nicer for a cheaper price.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jason L
Jason - I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol so that this issues does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our TV channel line-up and storage space is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, nom2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Mary Esther, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here from November 2013 thru January 2014. Extremely helpful and professional staff. Any little issue that arose was handled quickly and cheerfuly by the staff. Nice comfortable rooms. Plenty of hot water, a little slow to start but got hot. Thanks Mandy, Dwayne and Carlette for your restaurant advice and making me feel at home. I will stay here again on my next visit.
Winfred A. Dogan

• Stayed November 2013
DeLand, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We went to New Orleans just for the weekend. We arrived at this hotel and we had driven 8 hours and we had arrived just about an hour before check in time. They did not have a room ready, which I understood because it was 1 hour before check in. I was a little surprised at the lack of house cleaning staff though since the hotel desk clerk appeared to be vacuuming out rooms and carrying linens to the rooms. When we finally were checked in, the room (even though it was non smoking) had an odor of cigarettes and stale cooked food. The beds were made and linens appeared to be clean. The restroom was very outdated, yet looked clean. This place was good for 1 or 2 nights, but I would not suggest an extended stay here.

• Stayed March 2014