“Very modern”

Courtyard New Orleans Metairie
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Metairie
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel looks brand new and very modern. This was my first time staying here. I had reservations and my check in was quick. I was told the hotel was full but you could not tell. My room was very quiet and spacious.
I ate dinner at the hotel bar/restaurant. The servers were busy with some large dinner group but they were hustling and I did not have to wait very long. I had a roast beef sandwich and a small bowel of chili. Both were excellent. They had a good selection of beer. I really like being able to eat at the hotel if I do not feel like getting back in my car after I get there. I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and had a nice view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
RaeesHarrisMarriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our newly renovated rooms as well as the service of our team here at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. The attention you have shown us with your lovely comment is truly appreciated and your insight helps us to continue to provide exceptional service. Thank you kindly for the time you've given to share your valued thoughts and we look forwarding to having you here again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Reading several earlier posts, it sounds like I may have received a room that hasn't been renovated. The lobby was updated, but my room and bathroom needed help. It is conveniently located off I-10, with shopping and restaurants close by. I had no problem with the staff, and overall my stay was good. Go visit the Gumbo stop, just a few blocks away, a must if you are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie ! We are thrilled you chose our property to accommodate you for your stay in New Orleans and we'd love to have you come back! All 153 of our rooms are now 100% fully renovated and complete, along with our pool and garden area in our courtyard. We hope that you will come back and enjoy our new hotel that we are so excited about. See you soon and safe travels and thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

In "the big easy" few things are as easy as this hotel. With free parking, free wi-fi, refrigerators in the rooms, crisp renovations, and comfortable beds, this hotel is a big easy "Yes". Easy to find, convenient to major intersections and the airport, minutes from downtown and the Quarter…skip the high parking fees and enormous room fees….rest in a safe quiet and clean hotel. There is a mini Starbucks downstairs that I swear charged us too little for all we ordered, and Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom…Great rates, friendly travelers and staff, and the aforementioned all make this an easy choice in a busy city.

Room Tip: This hotel is located behind the Galleria, and down the block from the Residence Inn, and the Sherat...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank crzymnd

I was elated to read of your recent experience here at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie . As your delight and satisfaction are our mission, it was our pleasure to help make your New Orleans visit memorable. I kindly thank you for your thoughtful recognition of my team , our newly renovated hotel and for your time in writing this wonderful review. We truly value your insight and highly look forward to providing you with another memorable stay soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We just stayed here for a night recently on a trip to New Orleans. We only stayed one night as we wanted to be downtown, but this hotel was nice. Newly renovated rooms. Clean. Quiet. Walking distance to Chef Rons. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle D, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you so much for the positive review! We are so happy you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and the great, consistent, customer service of the Courtyard New Orleans Metairie. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was nicely surprised by the hotel, how spacious the room was, the pleasant courtyard adjacent to the pool & Jacuzzi and the workspace area off the lobby. The computers and printers area available for use, the large flat screen tv has comfortable seating around it with lots of natural light. There is also a café with breakfast and then dinner options if you don't want to go out. Although the food is priced at the hotel level, I felt the accommodation was a very good value. Make sure you know how to get here. Galleria dead ends and you have to turn at the "T". It was very dark when I arrived so I got a bit turned around. Try to eat at Ron's Gumbo Stop on Causeway while you're here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anonymous855

Thank you for the favorable review! We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms and beautiful, relaxing outdoor public spaces. We are so enthused you enjoyed all the hotel amenities we have to offer. We look forward to hosting you next time you’re in Metairie.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Lobby and breakfast area very nicely decorated and clean. The pool was emptied due to the improvements being made. Staff is friendly and rooms are quite spacious. Renovations are occurring by section each week but should be done soon. Location is great too, as it is just off Hwy 10 which takes you right to the city.

Room Tip: We were given the handicap accessible room as that was the only one available when we checked in ear...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank whereswaldonow

Thank you for the review! The renovation is completely done and we would love to have you back to show off everything in working order to make your stay perfect.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed here to teach a mid-size conference in the hotel. I understand that construction/renovations must happen from time to time, but trying to teach over the sound of the machinery was impossible even with the sound system. When you've had the Meeting Rooms booked for several months, this should NOT happen. The staff did not seem to understand why this was a problem and were frustrated that I was not more understanding of their renovation schedule. Also the screen was far too small for a room of 40 people to be able to see. I usually try to rest during lunch in my room in between speaking but the noise was so loud that this was hopeless. In fact, by the second day of teaching I had a killer headache. There were also cleanliness issues. There was a glass bottle full of cigarette butts on my balcony when I checked in to the room and mildew on the shower curtain liner. (Didn't see that until mid-shower -ick!). The carpet stains, dents/holes/scuff marks on the walls, missing faceplates on the tub grab bars (leaving rust and goopy caulk exposed), missing buttons on the phone and so forth, I imagine will be fixed in the renovation. Unfortunately, the poor staff responsiveness and cleanliness issues are unrelated to the current construction work. I couldn't go to a different hotel during this trip because I was teaching there. But you can bet, I won't go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank fdresources
Brandon C, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

On behalf of the entire team at the Courtyard by Marriott Metairie, I would like to apologize for your experience during your stay last week. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience and do value your business as a customer. Please rest assured that we have addressed your concerns and do appreciate your feedback. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and hope you do decide to return. I can guarantee that the room issues you faced will be rectified with the renovations that we are excited to get completed in the next couple of months. Again thank you for staying with us and using marriott for your meeting.